Playlists are stored, along with the locations of all media in the library, ratings, links to artwork downloaded from the Store, etc.
in the iTunes database – the iTunes Library.itl file that is, by default, stored in C:\Users\username\Music\iTunes.
How do I find my iTunes playlist file?
Part 2 Importing Playlists
- Click the “File” (Windows) or “iTunes” (Mac) menu. If you don’t see the menu bar in Windows, press Alt .
- Select “Library” → “Import Playlist.” The file browser will open.
- Find the playlist file that you want to import.
- Add any songs that are in the playlist but aren’t in your library.
Where are my old playlists on iTunes?
2. Restore iTunes Playlist from Previous Backup
- Quite iTunes.
- Locate your external hard drive where you bakcup your iTunes folder before.
- Drag the iTunes folder from the external hard drive back to its default location.
- Open iTunes while pressing Shift key (Windows) or Options key (Mac).
Where is the iTunes library stored on PC?
Drag your iTunes folder (by default, located inside your PC’s Music folder) to the iTunes window. You will see the songs in your library again.
Why have my iTunes playlists disappeared?
iTunes playlists disappeared may be caused by iTunes upgrades, music library displacement, or careless deletion. Usually, you can recover disappeared iTunes playlists in two ways: one is using the iTunes music library XML file, and the other is directly recovering from the iTunes backup.
How do I recover lost playlists in iTunes?
Here’s how you might be able to get those missing playlists back. Go into your home folder, then into the Music folder, and finally into the iTunes folder. Find a file called iTunes Music Library.xml and drag it out of that folder (to the desktop, or somewhere else that’s convenient for you).
How do I locate my iTunes library?
If the folder isn’t in its default location, you can find where it’s located using these steps:
- Open iTunes.
- Mac: From the menu bar at the top of your computer screen, choose iTunes > Preferences.
- Click the Advanced tab.
- Look in the box under “iTunes Media folder location” for the location of your iTunes Media folder.
How do I find my old iTunes library?
Method 1: Restore from the Previous iTunes Library Folder
- Step 1: Go to the iTunes library folder.
- Step 2: Locate the “iTunes Library.itl” and then move it to the desktop.
- Step 3: In the iTunes folder locate a subfolder “Previous iTunes Libraries” and open it.
How do I find missing songs in iTunes?
Select a track with an exclamation mark, use Ctrl-I to Get Info, then click No when asked to try to locate the track. Look on the file tab for the location that iTunes thinks the file should be. Now take a look around your hard drive(s). Hopefully you can locate the track in question.
How do I find my old iTunes account?
Go to Apple menu () > System Preferences > Internet Accounts, then look for accounts with iCloud. Open iTunes, then choose Account > View My Account. If you’re signed in to iTunes with your Apple ID, you’ll see your account name and email address. Open App Store, then select Store > View My Account.
Where are iTunes playlists stored?
Playlists are stored, along with the locations of all media in the library, ratings, links to artwork downloaded from the Store, etc. in the iTunes database – the iTunes Library.itl file that is, by default, stored in C:\Users\username\Music\iTunes.
Can I have my iTunes library on two computers?
If you have the “Entire music library” sync option checked, you can only sync your iPod or iPhone to one computer. This will share all the music from one computer to any other computers on the same network – but both computers need to be turned on WITH ITUNES OPEN!
How do you move an iTunes library to a new computer?
Move your iTunes library to another computer
- When you get a new Mac, use Setup Assistant (or Migration Assistant, if you’re switching from Windows) to move files—including your iTunes files—from your old computer to the new one.
- Connect computers (over a wireless network or with a cable) and copy your iTunes files from one computer to the other.
Why has all my music disappeared from Apple music?
Open your Settings, then go to Music, then make sure Show Apple Music is turned on. If it is, toggle it off then on again. Reset your device by holding down the power button and home button until you see the Apple logo, then wait for your device to restart.
How do I restore my playlists on Apple music?
If you’ve signed out of Apple Music on your phone and lost your playlist here’s how to get it back:
- Go to settings on your iPhone.
- Go down to “Music” and press it.
- Under the “Library” heading turn on “iCloud Music Library”
How do I retrieve my music from iCloud?
Open up the iTunes Store app on your device’s > Tap the “Purchased” tab on the bottom of the screen > Tap the “Not On This iPhone” tab > Tap to select music you want to restore, and click the cloud icon to download it again.
Can I recover my iTunes library if my computer crashed?
Hard Drive crash on computer may make you lose some songs of your current iTunes Library. Fortunately, if you have a backup in your iPhone/iPad/iPod, you can recover the iTunes even though your Hard Drive crashed. Easily follow the guide step by step to recover your lost iTunes Library now!
Why can’t iTunes locate my songs?
If the iTunes Music folder should be in the default location in the user’s “Music” directory, clicking the “Reset” button should correct any path errors for the library. Manually reimport the “lost” files In the Finder, locate the songs that will not play and manually drag them into the iTunes window to reimport them.
How do I get playlists from iPhone to iTunes?
How to Copy Playlist From iPhone, iPad, or iPod to iTunes on Computer
- Connect your iPhone, iPod Touch, or iPad to your computer.
- From the “Devices” section, expand the selections under your device.
- Select the playlist you wish to export.
How do I access my iTunes account on a new computer?
How to check your number of authorizations
- Open iTunes.
- If you’re not signed in, sign in with your Apple ID.
- Mac: From the menu bar at the top of your computer screen, choose Account > View My Account.
- Enter your password, then press the Return or Enter key on your keyboard, or click View Account.
Where is iTunes artwork stored?
Downloaded artwork is downloaded by iTunes from the iTunes Store and is stored in separate files. (the files are actually stored in the “Album Artwork” folder located in the same folder as your iTunes library file).
Where are iTunes backups stored?
iTunes places the backup files in the following places:
- Mac: ~/Library/Application Support/MobileSync/Backup/
- Windows XP: \Documents and Settings\(username)\Application Data\Apple Computer\MobileSync\Backup\
- Windows Vista, 7, 8, 10: \Users\(username)\AppData\Roaming\Apple Computer\MobileSync\Backup\
How do I find my lost iTunes account?
- Go to your Apple ID account page and click “Forgot Apple ID or password.”
- Enter your Apple ID, select the option to reset your password, then choose Continue.
- Enter your Recovery Key for two-step verification.*
- Choose a trusted device.* We’ll send your device a verification code.
How can I get my iTunes back?
Follow the steps until you see the Apps & Data screen, then tap Restore from iTunes Backup > next. Connect your new device to the computer that you used to back up your previous device. Open iTunes on your computer and select your device. Select Restore Backup.
How can I recover my Apple ID without phone number?
If you lost the trusted device or phone number associated with your Apple ID
- Go to your Apple ID account page and enter your Apple ID and password.
- On the Verify Your Identity screen, select “Can’t access your trusted devices?”
- In the pop-up window, enter your Recovery Key.
- Go to the Security section and click Edit.
How do I find all the music files on my computer?
How to Find an Audio File on the Computer
- Open any audio software you may have on your computer.
- Click the “Start” button in Windows and enter a search term in the search function at the bottom of the menu.
- Type a list of audio extensions in the search feature, such as MP3, WAV or any audio file type your looking for.
- Browse your computer manually.
How do I get iTunes to scan for music?
Move to the Library pane on the left side of the window and find the folder containing audio files you wish to include. Click that folder and then click “Select Folder.” ITunes searches that folder for media files and adds them to your library. Click the “Music” icon at the top of your library to view your audio files.
Why are some of my songs grayed out in iTunes?
Generally, iTunes songs greyed out because of the syncing issue across the different device. In this case, you can re-sync desired songs. Another reason can be the original file corruption. For instance, a particular file is deleted or missing from your system, but changes are not synced in iTunes.
Photo in the article by “JPL – NASA”