Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch
- Plug your device into power and connect to the Internet with Wi-Fi.
- Tap Settings > General > Software Update.
- Tap Download and Install. If a message asks to temporarily remove apps because iOS needs more space for the update, tap Continue or Cancel.
- To update now, tap Install.
- If asked, enter your passcode.
How can I update my iPhone a1332?
To update the Apple iPhone 4 to iOS 7, iTunes version 11 must be installed on the computer prior to installing the update.
- From the computer, close any open apps.
- Press the Power button to power the iPhone on.
- Connect the iPhone to the computer using the supplied USB cable.
Can iPhone 4s get iOS 8?
There is no way to install iOS 8. The iPhone 4 can upgrade to iOS 7.1.2. The iPhone 4S can upgrade to iOS 9.3.5. You can update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch to the latest version of iOS wirelessly.
Can you update iPod 4 to iOS 8?
Apple has just released iOS 8 for iPhone, iPad and iPod touch. If you’re not getting the OTA, then you can download the iOS 8 software update from the official download links provided below and use iTunes to update your iOS device. iPhone 5s, iPhone 5c, iPhone 5 and iPhone 4s. iPad Air, iPad 4, iPad 3 and iPad 2.
How do I update games on iPhone 8?
- From the Home screen, tap the App Store icon.
- Tap the Updates icon at the bottom right. To update individual apps, tap the Update button next to the desired app. To update all apps, tap the Update All button.
How do I update my iPhone software?
Plug your device into power and connect to the Internet with Wi-Fi. Tap Settings > General > Software Update. Tap Download and Install. If a message asks to temporarily remove apps because iOS needs more space for the update, tap Continue or Cancel.
Why will my iPhone 4 not update?
Current iTunes Version. While an iPhone 4 running iOS 4 firmware can update to iOS 7, it cannot update wirelessly; it requires a wired connection to iTunes on a computer. After the update is installed, restart your computer, connect your iPhone and click on your phone’s device name in iTunes.
Can iPhone 4s be updated to iOS 10?
Update 2: According to Apple’s official press release, the iPhone 4S, iPad 2, iPad 3, iPad mini, and fifth-generation iPod Touch will not run iOS 10. iPhone 5, 5C, 5S, 6, 6 Plus, 6S, 6S Plus, and SE. iPad 4, iPad Air, and iPad Air 2.
Can iphone4 run iOS 10?
The iPhone 4 does not support iOS 8, iOS 9, and will not support iOS 10. Apple has not released a version of iOS later than 7.1.2 that is physically compatible with an iPhone 4— that being said, there is no way for you to “manually” upgrade your phone— and for good reason.
Can iPhone 4s run iOS 9?
All iOS updates from Apple are free. Simply plug your 4S into your computer running iTunes, run a backup, and then initiate a software update. But be warned – the 4S is the oldest iPhone still supported on iOS 9, so performance may not meet your expectations.
Can I update my iPod 4 to iOS 10?
To update to iOS 10, visit Software Update in Settings. Connect your iPhone or iPad to a power source and tap Install Now. Firstly, the OS must download the OTA file in order to begin setup. After the download has finished, the device will then begin the update process and eventually reboot into iOS 10.
How do you update a 4th generation iPod?
Or you can also manually update it through iTunes:
- Download the iOS 6.1.3 firmware (from the above link)
- Connect the iPod to the Mac and run iTunes.
- Go to the device screen.
- Press Option and click the Update button to open a File Browser window.
- Choose the IPSW file you downloaded.
What is the latest version of iOS for iPod touch 4th generation?
1 Answer. The last iOS release available for iPod touch 4th generation is iOS 6.1.6.
How do you update games?
To set up updates for individual apps on your device:
- Open the Google Play Store app .
- Tap Menu My apps & games.
- Select the app you want to update.
- Tap More .
- Check the box next to “Enable auto update.”
How do I uninstall an update on my iPhone 8?
How to Delete iOS Update on Your iPhone/iPad (Also Work for iOS 12)
- Open the Settings app on your iPhone and go to “General”.
- Select “Storage & iCloud Usage”.
- Go to “Manage Storage”.
- Locate the nagging iOS software update and tap on it.
- Tap “Delete Update” and confirm that you want to delete the update.
How do you delete app updates on iPhone 8?
Tip 1. Delete apps on iPhone 8/8 Plus from Home screen
- Step 1: Turn on your iPhone 8 or 8 Plus, and go to the Home Screen.
- Step 2: Find the apps you don’t want anymore.
- Step 3: Gently press and hold the app icon until it begins to wiggle and with an “X” symbol at the top right corner.
How do I update my iPhone 8?
- From the Home Screen, tap Settings.
- Tap General.
- Tap Software Update.
- After the device searches for available software updates, it will display the current version.
- Verify that you are connected to Wi-Fi.
- If an update is available, tap Download.
- After the download has completed, tap Install to update.
How do I force my iPhone to update software?
Go to Settings > General > [Device name] Storage. Find the iOS update in the list of apps. Tap the iOS update, then tap Delete Update. Go to Settings > General > Software Update and download the latest iOS update.
What can update to iOS 10?
On your device, go to Settings > General > Software Update and the update for iOS 10 (or iOS 10.0.1) should appear. In iTunes, simply connect your device to your computer, choose your device, then select Summary > Check for Update.
Why can’t I update my iPhone 4 to iOS 10?
To update to iOS 10.3 through iTunes, make sure you have the latest version of iTunes installed on your PC or Mac. Now connect your device to your computer and iTunes should open automatically. With iTunes open, select your device then click ‘Summary’ then ‘Check for Update’. The iOS 10 update should appear.
Will my iPhone stop working if I don’t update it?
As a rule of thumb, your iPhone and your main apps should still work fine, even if you don’t do the update. Conversely, updating your iPhone to the latest iOS could cause your apps to stop working. If that happens, you might have to update your apps too. You’ll be able to check this in Settings.
Is there a new iOS update?
Apple’s iOS 12.2 update is here and it brings some surprise features to your iPhone and iPad, in addition to all of the other iOS 12 changes you should know about. The iOS 12 updates are generally positive, save for a few iOS 12 problems, like that FaceTime glitch earlier this year.
How do I update my iPhone 4s to iOS 8?
Question: Q: I cant update my iphone 4s to ios 8 pls help me
- Install the latest version of iTunes on your computer.
- Plug in your device to your computer.
- In iTunes, select your device.
- In the Summary pane, click Check for Update.
- Click Download and Update.
What iOS can iPhone 4 run?
The iPhone 4 is the latest Apple handset to fall by the wayside: the four year old handset won’t be getting Apple’s iOS 8 operating system upgrade, which will be arriving later this year. According to Apple, the oldest iPhone model to get iOS 8 will be the iPhone 4s (the oldest iPad will be the iPad 2).
How can I get the iOS 9?
Install iOS 9 directly
- Make sure you have a good amount of battery life left.
- Tap the Settings app on your iOS device.
- Tap General.
- You’ll probably see that Software Update has a badge.
- A screen appears, telling you that iOS 9 is available to install.
How do I uninstall an update on an App?
Method 1 Uninstalling Updates
- Open the Settings. app.
- Tap Apps. .
- Tap an app. All the apps installed on your Android device are listed in alphabetical order.
- Tap ⋮. It’s the button with three vertical dots.
- Tap Uninstall Updates. You will see a popup asking if you want to uninstall updates for the app.
- Tap OK.
Can you reverse an app update?
In fact, iTunes is not only a useful tool to back up iPhone apps, but also a simple way to undo an app update. Step 1: Uninstall the app from your iPhone after App Store updated it automatically. Step 2: Next, plug your iPhone to your computer. You’d better stop App Store updating automatically.
How do I stop my iPhone from downloading iOS updates?
If you are concerned about iOS updates downloading over your data network, this can be turned off in Settings > iTunes & App Store. Just uncheck the mobile data and automatic downloads here. Note the size of the update (you’ll need to know this below). Scroll down until you find the iOS update and delete it.
Photo in the article by “Flickr”