- Step 1: Download the files. Download the latest PHP 5 ZIP package from www.php.net/downloads.php.
- Step 2: Extract the files.
- Step 3: Configure php.ini.
- Step 4: Add C:\php to the path environment variable.
- Step 5: Configure PHP as an Apache module.
- Step 6: Test a PHP file.
Microsoft IIS 7.0 and later
- In the Windows Start Menu choose “Run:”, type “optionalfeatures.exe” and click “Ok”;
- In the “Windows Features” dialog expand “Internet Information Services”, “World Wide Web Services”, “Application Development Features” and then enable the “CGI” checkbox;
- Click OK and wait until the installation is complete.
- Step 1: download the files. Download the latest PHP 5 ZIP package from www.php.net/downloads.php.
- Step 2: extract the files.
- Step 3: configure php.ini.
- Step 4: add C:php to the path environment variable.
- Step 5: configure PHP as an Apache module.
- Step 6: test a PHP file.
- Install NGINX for Win32 <install_win32_binaries_>_ .
- Install the Windows binaries of PHP, making sure that php-cgi.exe is installed in the same directory as php.exe .
- Create somewhere (e.g. in c:\nginx\ ) a batch file start-php-fcgi.bat similar to this one:
How do I install PHP on Windows 10?
Install PHP 7 on Windows 10
- Install the Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2015—this is linked in the sidebar of the PHP for Windows Download page, but it’s kind of hidden.
- Download PHP for Windows.
- Expand the zip file into the path C:\PHP7 .
- Configure PHP to run correctly on your system:
How can I install PHP in my computer?
- Step 1: Install MySQL. Install the MySQL database server on your PC.
- Step 2: Install Apache. Install the Apache web server on your PC.
- Step 3: Install PHP. Now install the PHP scripting language on your PC.
- Step 4: Configure Apache and PHP.
- Step 5: Test your install.
- Step 6: Install Git.
- Step 7: Install Moodle.
Do I need to install PHP on Windows 10?
If you are planning to install Apache, PHP and MySQL on Windows 10 machine, then you can do so by choosing any of the two options given below: You can use any ready-to-use packages like: WampServer, XAMPP etc. You can make your own fully functional WAMP server (Manual Installation).
How do I install PHP on Windows 10 IIS?
How to Install PHP on Windows 10 Using Web Platform Installer
- Open Control Panel -> Programs and Features -> Turn Windows features on or off.
- Download Web Platform Installer.
- Double-click on WebPlatformInstaller_amd64_en-US.msi to install it.
- Once installed, you should see a file with the name wpilauncher.exe.
How do I install Xampp on Windows 10?
How to install XAMPP on Windows 10
- Download XAMPP from Apache Friends.
- Double-click the file to run the installer.
- Click the OK button on the warning to continue.
- Click the Next button.
- XAMPP offers a variety of components that you can install, such as MySQL, phpMyAdmin, PHP, Apache, and more.
How do I download Apache for Windows?
Open Windows Services and start Apache HTTP Server. Open a Web browser and type the machine IP in the address bar and hit Enter.
- Open a command prompt.
- Navigate to directory c:/Apache24/bin.
- Run the command httpd.exe -k install -n “Apache HTTP Server” to add Apache as a Windows Service.
How do I know if PHP is installed on Windows?
You can check the version by running a simple PHP file on your webs server.
Open the Command Prompt or Terminal.
- Windows – Press ⊞ Win + R and type cmd .
- Mac – Open Terminal from the Utilities folder.
- Linux – Open Terminal from the dash, or by pressing Ctrl + Alt + T .
Can I write PHP code in HTML file?
By default you can’t use PHP in HTML pages. If you only have php code in one html file but have multiple other files that only contain html code, you can add the following to your .htaccess file so it will only serve that particular file as php. For combining HTML and PHP you can use .phtml files.
Do I need to install PHP?
There is no need to compile anything nor do you need to install any extra tools. In this case, you will want to install a web server, such as » Apache, and of course » PHP. You will most likely want to install a database as well, such as » MySQL. You can either install these individually or choose a simpler way.
How do I start PHP on Windows?
Next, let’s ensure that your PHP script can run normally from the command line.
- Start a command prompt (Start button > Run > cmd.exe)
- In the window that appears, type the full path to the PHP executable (php.exe) followed by the full path to the script you wish to run as a windows service.
How enable PHP in IIS?
Configure IIS to handle PHP requests by using IIS Manager
- Open IIS Manager.
- In the Actions pane, click Add Module Mapping.
- Click OK.
- In the Add Module Mapping confirmation dialog box that asks if you want to create a FastCGI application for this executable, click Yes.
How do I run a PHP file?
Place your PHP files in the “HTDocs” folder located under the “XAMMP” folder on your C: drive. The file path is “C:\xampp\htdocs” for your Web server. Make sure your PHP files are saved as such; they must have the “.php” file extension. Open up any Web browser on your desktop and enter “localhost” into the address box.
Can IIS run PHP?
IIS only runs on Windows, but keep in mind that running PHP on IIS is not the same as running PHP on Windows. There are options to run PHP on Windows like XAMPP or WampServer. However, these two options make some additional choices for you. They run Apache as a web server and use MySQL or MariaDB as a database server.
What is IIS PHP Manager?
PHP Manager for IIS is a GUI for managing multiple PHP installations on the IIS server. PHP Manager for IIS is a tool for managing one or many PHP installations on IIS 7 and IIS 7.5 servers. Use it to: Remotely manage PHP configuration in php.ini file.
How do I upgrade PHP?
Changing the PHP Version:
- Log into cPanel.
- Click PHP Configuration in the Software section.
- Select the version of PHP you want to use from the dropdown.
- Click Update to save your php configuration.
- Check your changes by viewing your settings in a phpinfo page.
How do I start xampp on Windows?
- Open the XAMPP Control Panel. You will be able to locate it in the Windows Start Menu.
- In the XAMPP Control Panel, locate the Config button on top right corner above the Netstat button.
- Wait for a separate window to open.
- Open the Windows Start Menu.
- Wait for a Location folder to open.
- Click Next and Finish.
How can I download xampp step by step?
- Click XAMPP for Windows. It’s a grey button near the bottom of the page.
- Double-click the downloaded file.
- Click Yes when prompted.
- Click Next.
- Select aspects of XAMPP to install.
- Click Next.
- Select an installation location.
- Click OK.
Is xampp available in 64 bit?
Php and Apache don’t have official supported 64 bit Windows builds, only MySql out of the three does, hence no 64 bit bundle. it possible to run 32 bit XAMPP on 64bit machine. it is all fine, so far there is no 64 bit XAMPP application.
How do I download and install Apache?
you can install Apache anywhere, such as a portable USB drive (useful for client demonstrations).
- Step 1: configure IIS, Skype and other software (optional)
- Step 2: download the files.
- Step 2: extract the files.
- Step 3: configure Apache.
- Step 4: change the web page root (optional)
- Step 5: test your installation.
How do I install Apache Ant on Windows 7?
To install Apache Ant on Windows, you just need to download the Ant’s zip file, and Unzip it, and configure the ANT_HOME Windows environment variables.
- JAVA_HOME. Make sure JDK is installed, and JAVA_HOME is configured as Windows environment variable.
- Download Apache Ant.
- Add ANT_HOME.
- Update PATH.
How do I install MySQL workbench on Windows?
Installing MySQL Workbench Using the Installer
- To install MySQL Workbench, right-click the MSI file and select the Install option from the pop-up menu, or simply double-click the file.
- In the Setup Type window you may choose a Complete or Custom installation.
How do I know if PHP is working?
Test if PHP works on your server
- Open any text editor and create a new file. Write: <?php phpinfo(); ?>
- Save your file as test.php and upload it to the root folder of your server. Note: If you are a Windows user, make sure all file extensions are being displayed.
Where do I run PHP code?
5.0 Run PHP Script with Database
- 5.1 Go to XAMPP server directory. Go to your “C:\xampp\htdocs\” directory.
- 5.2 Create read_one.php. Create a file and name it “read_one.php”
- 5.3 Code Inside read_one.php. The numbers 1-8 in the following code are called “code comments”.
- 5.4 Open Your Browser.
- 5.5 Load read_one.php.
- 5.6 Output.
How do I run phpmyadmin on Windows?
- Make sure that you’ve installed Apache, PHP, and MySQL.
- Click Download.
- Click Close when prompted.
- Open the phpMyAdmin folder.
- Copy the phpMyAdmin folder’s contents.
- Go to your Apache host folder.
- Paste the copied folder into the host folder.
- Change the copied folder’s name to phpmyadmin .
Photo in the article by “Flickr”