To change your background on the Windows 8 desktop, follow these steps:
- 1Right-click your desktop and choose Personalize.
- 2Select Desktop Background from the windows’ bottom left.
- 3Click a new picture for the background.
- 4Decide whether to fill, fit, stretch, tile, or center the picture.
How do I change my desktop background?
Change desktop background and colors. button, then select Settings > Personalization to choose a picture worthy of gracing your desktop background, and to change the accent color for Start, the taskbar, and other items. The preview window gives you a sneak peek of your changes as you make them.
Why can’t I change my desktop background on Windows 8?
1] Open Control Panel and select ‘Ease of Access’ Center. Then, click on ‘Optimize Visual display’ link. 2] Open you Power Setting in Control Panel. Open Power Options > Select your power plan > Change plan settings > Change advanced power settings > Expand the Desktop background settings option > Expand Slide show.
How can I change the desktop background windows 7?
You can easily change the desktop background in Windows 7 to let your own personality shine through.
- Right-click a blank part of the desktop and choose Personalize.
- Click the Desktop Background option along the window’s bottom left corner.
How do I change my desktop background on Windows 10?
How to change your desktop background in Windows 10
- Click on the Windows icon in the lower left of your screen next to the search bar.
- Click on Settings in the list on the left.
- MORE: How to Use Windows 10 – Guide for Beginners & Power Users.
- Click on Personalization, which is fourth from the bottom on the list.
- Click on Background.
How do I remove desktop background?
Under the Appearance and Personalization header on the right column, click “Change desktop background.” You will see a screen that lists all of your currently available desktop backgrounds. Find the background that you don’t want, and uncheck the box to remove it as a desktop background option.
How do you change the background color on Windows?
- Right-click anywhere in the desktop window.
- Select Personalization-> Window color (bottom 2nd one).
- Click Advanced appearance settings ->
- In the dialog box click on item and select window.
- Select your color and apply.
Why can’t I set a background on my computer?
When you try to change your desktop background by clicking Control Panel, Appearance and Personalization and then Change desktop Background, the check boxes are not selected when they are clicked and the Select all and Clear all buttons do not work as expected. Therefore, you cannot change the desktop background.
How do I change the background color on my desktop?
Change desktop background and colors
- button, then select Settings > Personalization to choose a picture worthy of gracing your desktop background, and to change the accent color for Start, the taskbar, and other items.
- In Colors, let Windows pull an accent color from your background, or choose your own color adventure.
How do I change my desktop background is disabled by the administrator?
Follow the steps given below to enable the desktop background change.
- a. Login to Windows 7 with user has Administrator privileges.
- b. Type ‘gpedit.msc’ in the Start menu search box.
- c. This will launch Local Group Policy Editor.
- d. In the right pane, double click on “Prevent changing desktop background”
How do I make my desktop background permanent?
To set the desktop background:
- Choose Start > Control Panel > Appearance and Personalization > Personalization > Desktop Background (Figure 4.10).
- Choose a location from the Picture Location drop-down list, and click the picture or color that you want for your background.
How do I stop my desktop background from changing?
Windows 7 – Prevent users from changing the wallpaper
- Click on Start > Run > type gpedit.msc and press enter.
- Go to Local Computer Policy > User Configuration > Administrative Templates > Desktop.
- In the right pane, select Desktop wallpaper and enable it.
- Indicate the full path for your custom/default wallpaper.
Why does my desktop background keep changing to black?
The black desktop background can also be caused by a corrupt TranscodedWallpaper. If this file is corrupt, Windows will not be able to display your wallpaper. Open the Settings app and go to Personalization>Background and set a new desktop background. It should work this time around.
How do I change my background on Windows 10 without activation?
Once you find the suitable image, just right click it and choose Set as desktop background from the context menu. The image will be set as your desktop background ignoring the fact that Windows 10 is not activated. Open Internet Explorer: Go to your favorite wallpapers web site or just Google the desired image.
How do I remove a desktop background in Windows 10?
Delete Desktop Background Images in Windows 10
- Right-click on the Start button and click on File Explorer.
- On File Explorer screen, navigate to C:\Windows\Web and double-click on the Wallpaper Folder.
- To delete any System Desktop Background image, simply right-click on the image and click on the Delete option.
Where are Windows 10 desktop backgrounds stored?
To find the location of Windows wallpaper images, open File Explorer and navigate to C:\Windows\Web. There, you’ll find separate folders labeled Wallpaper and Screen. The Screen folder contains images for the Windows 8 and Windows 10 lock screens.
How do I change the background color on my computer screen?
In Windows 7:
- Right-click the desktop background, and select Personalize.
- Click Window Color, then select the color square you want.
- Click Advanced appearance settings.
- Click the element to be changed in the Item menu, then adjust the appropriate settings, such as Color, Font, or Size.
How do I undo background change?
Click “Appearance and Personalization” in the main Control Panel window, and then select the “Change Desktop Background” option, located under “Personalization.”
How do I remove old lock screen images from settings Windows 10?
To remove a thumbnail image from the Lock Screen Background page: Go to Settings (keyboard shortcut: Windows + I) > Personalization > Lock screen. Click the ‘Browse’ button and select the wallpaper you want. Or you can use the wallpapers from one of the sub-folders under C:\Windows\Web\Wallpaper.
How do I change the background color in Windows Photo Viewer?
So the way you can change the background color is by editing your Windows registry.
- Press Win + R key to open the Run prompt.
- Type in regedit and press Enter .
- Navigate to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows Photo Viewer\Viewer.
- From Edit menu, select New and then DWORD (32-bit).
- From Edit menu, select Modify.
How do you change the background color on Google Chrome?
Click on the install button to install the Change Color extension. Once installed, you will see the Change Colors icon at end of URL field. Right-click on the icon and select Options to change background colour, text colour, links colour and visited links colour.
How do I change the background color in Windows 10?
How to Change a Specific Color on Windows 10
- Once you are on the Personalization page, go to the left-pane menu and click Colors.
- Under the ‘Choose your color’ section, deselect ‘Automatically pick and accent color from my background.’
- Now, go to Window Colors and select the shade you want.
How can I change my desktop background without admin rights?
Under Local Computer Policy, expand User Configuration, expand Administrative Templates, expand Desktop, and then click Active Desktop. Double-click Active Desktop Wallpaper. On the Setting tab, click Enabled, type the path to the desktop wallpaper that you want to use, and then click OK.
How do I change my desktop background in Regedit?
Modify the registry step by step procedure:
- Open regedit (or Registry Editor).
- Go to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Desktop\ folder and click on it.
- On the right hand side find the key named wallpaper and double click on it.
- Right click on the Desktop folder in regedit and click Permissions then click Advanced.
Where is current desktop background stored?
2 Answers. C:\Users\ [YOURUSERNAME] \AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Themes ( any other pictures that you might have made as an wallpaper. right-click on the selected image and either: pick Properties and look under General, Location.
Where are Windows background pictures taken?
1 Answer. You can find the description of the photo by going to “C:\Users\username_for_your_computer\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Themes” and then selecting the picture and going to its properties. It should contain information on where the photo was taken.
Where are windows lock screen images stored?
Make sure hidden folders are visible by opening an Explorer window and selecting Show Hidden items from the View tab. Navigate to %userprofile%\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.Windows.ContentDeliveryManager_cw5n1h2txyewy\LocalState\Assets.
How do I change my lock screen picture on Windows 10?
To begin customizing Windows 10, head over to your desktop, right-click on it and click on Personalize. Personalization Settings allows you to change the background colors and accent, lock screen image, wallpaper and themes on your PC.
How do I remove lock screen picture on android?
How to Disable the Lock Screen in Android
- Open Settings. You can find Settings in the app drawer or by tapping the cog icon in the upper-right corner of the notification shade.
- Select Security.
- Tap Screen Lock. Select None.
Photo in the article by “Wikimedia Commons”