Click on appwiz.cpl and see if the main Control Panel window opens.
But if it is some system .cpl file, then read on.
4] Run sfc /scannow to start the System File Checker.
Restart your computer once the run is completed.Change settings and Control Panel options in Windows 10.
To open Settings, select Start > Settings.
Or, type settings in the search box on the taskbar, and then select Settings.
Then browse the categories or use search to find what you’re looking for.Press Windows+R to open the Run dialog, enter control panel in the empty box and click OK.
Way 6: Open the app by Command Prompt.
Step 1: Tap the Start button to open the Start Menu, input cmd in the search box and click Command Prompt to open it.
Step 2: Type control panel in the Command Prompt window and press Enter.
How do I open Control Panel in Windows 10 with keyboard?
Click the bottom-left Start button to open the Start Menu, type control panel in the search box and select Control Panel in the results. Way 2: Access Control Panel from the Quick Access Menu. Press Windows+X or right-tap the lower-left corner to open the Quick Access Menu, and then choose Control Panel in it.
How do I get to the control panel on my laptop?
Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, tap Search (or if you’re using a mouse, point to the upper-right corner of the screen, move the mouse pointer down, and then click Search), enter Control Panel in the search box, and then tap or click Control Panel. Click the Start button, and then click Control Panel.
What is the shortcut key to open control panel?
For example, I assigned the letter “c” to this shortcut and as a result, when I press Ctrl + Alt + C, it opens the Control Panel for me. In Windows 7 and above, you can always press Windows key, start typing control, and press Enter to launch Control Panel as well.
Where do I find the Start menu in Windows 10?
How to enable full screen mode for the Start Menu in Windows 10
- Click on the Start Menu button. It’s the Windows icon in the bottom left corner.
- Click on Settings.
- Click on Personalization.
- Click on Start.
- Click on the switch below the Use Start full screen heading.
How do I find the old Control Panel in Windows 10?
In Windows 10, click or tap inside the search box on the taskbar. Then type “control panel” and click or tap the “Control Panel” search result. In Windows 7, open the Start Menu and type “control panel” in the search box. Then click on the Control Panel shortcut in the Programs list of results.
How do I access settings on Windows 10?
Way 1: Open it in the Start Menu. Click the lower-left Start button on the desktop to expand Start Menu, and then select Settings in it. Press Windows+I on the keyboard to access Settings. Tap the search box on the taskbar, input setting in it and select Settings in the results.
What is the shortcut to open Control Panel?
Thankfully, there are three keyboard shortcuts that will grant you quick access to the Control Panel.
- Windows key and the X key. This opens a menu in the lower-right corner of the screen, with Control Panel listed among its options.
- Windows-R to open the run command window and enter Control Panel.
How do I get the classic look in Windows 10?
Just do the opposite.
- Click the Start button and then click the Settings command.
- At the Settings window, click the setting for Personalization.
- At the Personalization window, click the option for Start.
- In the right pane of the screen, the setting for “Use Start full screen” will be turned on.
Where is the Start button on Windows 10?
The Start button in Windows 10 is a small button that displays the Windows logo and is always displayed at the left end of the Taskbar. You can click the Start button in Windows 10 to display the Start menu or the Start screen.
How do I open control panel as administrator Windows 10?
How to run programs as an administrator in Windows 10
- Find the app in the Start Menu under All apps as you would have done before.
- Click Open file location from within the More menu.
- Right click on the program and select Properties.
- Click Advanced within the Shortcut tab which is the default one.
How do I create a shortcut to Control Panel in Windows 10?
Steps to create Control Panel shortcut on Windows 10 desktop: Step 1: Right-click any blank area on the desktop, point at New in the context menu and choose Shortcut from the sub-menu. Step 2: In the Create Shortcut window, type %windir%\system32\control.exe in the empty box and tap Next.
How do I get to Control Panel without mouse?
You can also enable Mouse Keys without having to go through the Control Panel by pressing ALT + Left SHIFT + NUM LOCK at the same time.
How do you find your programs in Windows 10?
Choose Start, type the name of the application, like Word or Excel, in the Search programs and files box. In the search results, click the application to start it. Choose Start > All Programs to see a list of all your applications. You might need to scroll down to see the Microsoft Office group.
How do I get the old Start menu in Windows 10?
Start Menu Customizations
- Start Menu style: Classic, 2-column or Windows 7 Style.
- Change Start Button.
- Change the default actions to left click, right click, shift + click, Windows Key, Shift + WIN, middle click and mouse actions.
How do you open Control Panel in Windows 10?
Suggested clip 120 seconds
How to Open Control Panel in Windows 10 and Bring it Back to the
Start of suggested clip
End of suggested clip
How do I find printers in Windows 10?
- Open Windows search by pressing Windows Key + Q.
- Type in “printer.”
- Select Printers & Scanners.
- Hit Add a printer or scanner.
- Choose The printer that I want isn’t listed.
- Select Add a Bluetooth, wireless or network discoverable printer.
- Choose the connected printer.
How do I access my printer control panel?
Managing Devices and Printers from the Windows Desktop
- Right-click the bottom of the Start screen.
- Click All apps.
- Click Control Panel. Click to view larger image.
- Click View devices and printers.
- Right-click the mouse image.
- Click Mouse settings.
- Adjust settings as desired.
- Click Apply.
What is computer control panel?
The Control Panel is a component of Microsoft Windows that provides the ability to view and change system settings. It consists of a set of applets that include adding or removing hardware and software, controlling user accounts, changing accessibility options, and accessing networking settings.
How do I get to settings on Windows 10 without Start menu?
14 ways to open Windows 10 Settings
- Open Settings using the Start Menu.
- Open Settings using Windows + I keys on the keyboard.
- Access Settings using the WinX power user’s menu.
- Open Windows 10 Settings using the Action Center.
- Use search to open the Settings app.
- Tell Cortana to Open the Settings app.
- Open Settings using Command Prompt or PowerShell.
Can’t access personalize in Windows 10?
Right click the Desktop and then select Personalize from the list. For users who have not yet activated Windows 10 or the account is not available, Windows 10 won’t let you personalize by making you unable to open the Personalization tab.
How do I open my computer in Windows 10?
Set Win+E open This PC in Windows 10 instead of Quick Access
- Open “Explorer“, then click on the “View” tab, click “Options”
- Now, in the Folder options Window under the General Tab, select “This PC” in the “Open File Explorer to” drop down menu and click “OK”
Where is the Run button on Windows 10?
Just click the Search or Cortana icon in the Windows 10 taskbar and type “Run.” You’ll see the Run command appear at the top of the list. Once you’ve found the Run command icon via one of the two methods above, right-click on it and select Pin to Start. You’ll see a new tile appear on your Start Menu labeled “Run.”
How do I get my desktop back in Windows 10?
How to restore the old Windows desktop icons
- Open Settings.
- Click on Personalization.
- Click on Themes.
- Click the Desktop icons settings link.
- Check each icon you want to see on the desktop, including Computer (This PC), User’s Files, Network, Recycle Bin, and Control Panel.
- Click Apply.
- Click OK.
How do I fix the Start button on Windows 10?
Fortunately, Windows 10 has a built-in way of resolving this.
- Launch Task manager.
- Run a new Windows task.
- Run Windows PowerShell.
- Run the System File Checker.
- Reinstall Windows apps.
- Launch Task manager.
- Log into the new account.
- Restart Windows in Troubleshooting mode.
How do I view all windows in Windows 10?
You can click the “Task View” button on the taskbar to open it, or you can use these keyboard shortcuts:
- Windows+Tab: This opens the new Task View interface, and it stays open—you can release the keys.
- Alt+Tab: This isn’t a new keyboard shortcut, and it works just like you’d expect it to.
How do I move a window that is off screen with keyboard?
Fix 4 – Move Option 2
- In Windows 10, 8, 7, and Vista, hold down the “Shift” key while right-clicking the program in the taskbar, then select “Move“. In Windows XP, right-click the item in the task-bar and select “Move“.
- Use your mouse or the arrow keys on your keyboard to move the window back onto the screen.
How do I switch screens in Windows?
To switch between virtual desktops, open the Task View pane and click on the desktop you want to switch to. You can also quickly switch desktops without going into the Task View pane by using the keyboard shortcuts Windows Key + Ctrl + Left Arrow and Windows Key + Ctrl + Right Arrow.
Photo in the article by “Wikimedia Commons”