To adjust the sound effects, press Win + I (this is going to open Settings) and go to “Personalization -> Themes -> Sounds.” For faster access, you can also right-click on the speaker icon and choose Sounds.
Under Sound Scheme click on the dropdown menu and choose between “Windows Default” or “No Sounds.”
How do I improve the sound quality in Windows 10?
10 tips how to get better sound in a computer audio system for
- Keep the operating system fresh with the number of running apps at a minimum.
- Adjust latency in USB DAC’s control panel.
- Fine-tune software player’s settings.
- Separate the OS from the media library.
- Optimize OS.
- Use wired Ethernet connection instead of Wi-Fi.
- Use high-quality power cord for your PC music server.
How do I change sound effects in Windows 10?
In the “Sounds” tab, you can disable system sounds completely or customize each one just the way you want:
- Disable sound effects: Using the “Sound Scheme” drop-down menu, select No Sounds.
- Enable sound effects: Using the “Sound Scheme” drop-down menu, select Windows Default.
How do I get my sound back on Windows 10?
Right-click the Start button, select Device Manager, and right-click your sound driver, select Properties, and browse to the Driver tab. Press the Roll Back Driver option if available, and Windows 10 will begin the process.
Why are my laptop speakers so quiet Windows 10?
Open up Sound in the Control Panel (under “Hardware and Sound”). Then highlight your speakers or headphones, click Properties, and select the Enhancements tab. Check “Loudness Equalization” and hit Apply to turn this on. It’s useful especially if you have your volume set to maximum but Windows sounds are still too low.
Photo in the article by “Pixnio”