- In the lower-right corner of your screen, click the WiFi icon.
- Click Network Settings > Wi-Fi > Hidden Network > Connect.
- Enter the SSID (network name).
- Click Next.
- Enter the network security key (password).
- Click Next. Your computer connects to the network.
Fix – Windows 10 can’t connect to this network after waking from Sleep Mode
- Open Device Manager and navigate to the Network Adapters section.
- Locate your wireless adapter and right click it.
- Navigate to the Power Management tab.
- Uncheck Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power and save the changes.
To do that, follow these steps:
- Press Windows Key + X and choose Device Manager from the list.
- When Device Manager starts, locate your network adapter and right click it.
- Choose Uninstall.
- After the driver has been uninstalled, restart your computer and Windows 10 will automatically install the new driver.
FIX: Surface Pro won’t connect to WiFi Windows 10
- Preliminary checks.
- Check your network on a different device.
- Restart your network hardware and reconnect.
- Restart your Surface Pro and reconnect.
- Check Date and Time settings.
- Forget the old network.
- Check if MAC address filtering is enabled.
- Run Windows network troubleshooter.
Set the NETWORK OFF/ON switch on the rear to ON.
- Have the Wi-Fi network name (SSID) and password of the wireless router available for reference.
- With the speaker turned on, press and hold the VOL (volume) – button and the (on/standby) button at the same time for more than 5 seconds.
- Turn on the speaker.
Connect Android or iOS Phone to Windows 10
- On your Windows 10 PC, open Settings app.
- Click on the Phone option.
- Now, to connect your Android or iOS device to Windows 10, you can start by clicking Add a phone.
- On the new window that appears, choose your country code and fill in your mobile number.
In the search box on the taskbar, type Device Manager, and then select Device Manager from the list of results. In Device Manager, select Network adapters > the network adapter name. Press and hold (or right-click) the network adapter, and then select Update driver > Search automatically for updated driver software.
How do I enable WiFi on Windows 10?
- Go to the Start Menu and select Control Panel.
- Click the Network and Internet category and then select Networking and Sharing Center.
- From the options on the left-hand side, select Change adapter settings.
- Right-click on the icon for Wireless Connection and click enable.
How do I connect my Windows 10 computer to WiFi?
How to connect to Wi-Fi on Windows 10: In brief
- Press the Windows key and A to bring up the Action Centre (or swipe in from the right on a touchscreen)
- Click or tap on the Wi-Fi icon if it’s grey to enable Wi-Fi.
- Right-click (or long press) and choose ‘Go to Settings’
- Choose your Wi-Fi network from the list and tap on it.
Where is the WiFi option in Windows 10?
Your Windows 10 computer will automatically find all wireless networks in range. Click the WiFi button in the bottom right corner of your screen to view the available networks.
How do I manually connect to WiFi?
Manually connecting to a wireless network using a Windows-based computer
- Press the Windows key + D on your keyboard to show the Desktop.
- Click Set up a new connection or network.
- Enter the details of the wireless network you want to connect to then, click Next.
- Click Close.
- Click Change connection settings.
Why WiFi option is not showing in laptop?
Network settings -> change adapter settings -> you will see three options( Bluetooth, Ethernet and WiFi), Enable WiFi if it was disabled. There could be few reasons that a wifi symbol or option is not displayed on your laptop. First is you can check for wireless adapter whether it is enabled or disabled.
Why won’t my PC connect to my WiFi?
Open your “Network Connections” and right-click the network you want to join and select “Properties.” Choose the advanced tab, look for the option “Wireless Card,” and update it. When it has updated, disconnect from the Ethernet connection and try the Wi-Fi instead.
Why can’t I find WiFi on Windows 10?
Here’s how to do that:
- Open Network and Sharing Center.
- Click Change adapter settings, locate your wireless network adapter, right-click it and choose Properties from the menu.
- When the Properties window opens, click the Configure button.
- Go to Advanced tab and from the list select Wireless mode.
How do I restore my WiFi icon on Windows 10?
Restore missing network or wireless icon in Windows 10. Step 1: Click the small up arrow icon on the taskbar to view hidden icons. Step 2: If the network or wireless icon is appearing there, simply drag and drop it to the taskbar area. Step 1: Open Start menu, click Settings icon to open the Settings app.
How do I automatically connect to WiFi on Windows 10?
Click on the WiFi icon in the taskbar. Under the Wireless Network Connection section, choose Manage Wi-Fi Settings. Then from under Manage Known Networks, Click the name of your wireless network and choose Forget.
How do I set up WiFi on Windows 10?
How to Connect to a Wireless Network with Windows 10
- Press the Windows Logo + X from the Start screen and then select Control Panel from the menu.
- Open the Network and Internet.
- Open the Network and Sharing Center.
- Click the Set up a new connection or network.
- Select Manually connect to a wireless network from the list and click Next.
Why did my WiFi disappeared on my laptop?
Go to Device manager > select the WIFI drivers under network adapter> Right click go to properties > Under properties go to Power Management Tab> Uncheck “Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power”. If issue persists, continue with the below steps: Click Network and Internet.
Why can’t my laptop find my WiFi?
Go into Device Manager > Network adapter > right click on the wireless driver > choose uninstall > restart. Test again. At this point, if you still cannot “see” the home network, but you can see others and connect like you were previously, the next step would be moving to look at the network.
Why is my PC not connecting to the Internet?
When you do this, you have to restart your computer and Windows will reinstall the network card automatically. Click on Start, type in Device Manager and then expand Network adapters. Right-click on the network card you’re using for network and Internet access and then click on Uninstall.
How do I install a network adapter in Windows 10?
Install the network adapter driver
- Use the Windows key + X keyboard shortcut to open the Power User menu and select Device Manager.
- Expand Network adapters.
- Select the name of your adapter, right-click it, and select Update Driver Software.
- Click the Browse my computer for driver software option.
Why can’t I connect to my WiFi?
Still can’t connect? Reset your Network Settings. Tap Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings. This also resets Wi-Fi networks and passwords, cellular settings, and VPN and APN settings that you’ve used before.
How do I automatically connect to WiFi?
For more info, contact your device manufacturer.
- Open your device’s Settings app .
- Tap Network & internet Wi-Fi.
- At the bottom, tap Wi-Fi preferences.
- Tap an option. These vary by device and Android version. Turn on Wi-Fi automatically. Have Wi-Fi automatically turn on near saved networks.
How can I connect my PC to WiFi without cable?
tell you how can connect your pc with wifi router without using lan cable and the absence of wifi device. more section. Just tap on “Tethering and portable hotspot” , you can see a option “USB Tethering”. connecting successfully you can use the wifi connection , try to open a browser and search anything.
How do I turn on automatic WiFi connection?
Here’s how to enable this handy feature in Oreo.
- Open Settings and select Network & Internet.
- Tap on the Wi-Fi Connection. If you’re connected to an access point it will show the name of it.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the list, and tap Wi-Fi preferences.
- Enable Turn On Wi-Fi Automatically. That’s it!
Photo in the article by “Flickr”