- Navigate to Windows Start menu.
- Click “Settings”
- Click “Devices” in the Settings dialog.
- Make sure you are in the section “Printers & scanners”
- Disable the setting “Let Windows manage my default printer” by setting it to “Off”.
- Click the Print&Share printer ‘Print+Share’ and select “Set as default”.
How do I change my default printer?
To change your default printer:
- Choose Printer and Faxes in the Control Panel (Start, Control Panel, Printers and Faxes).
- Right-click on the printer you want to make the default printer.
- From the context menu that opens up select Set as Default Printer.
How do I manage printers in Windows 10?
Manage Default Printers in Windows 10. Launch Settings from the Start menu or press Windows key + I then click Devices. Select the Printers & Scanners tab then scroll down.
Why does my default printer keep changing Windows 10?
Default Printer keeps changing. From the WinX Menu, open Settings > Devices > Printers & scanners. Scroll down a bit till you see a setting Let Windows manage my default printer. When this setting is turned On, the default printer is the last used printer.
How do I print in grayscale in Windows 10?
Set gray-scale printing as default. Windows 7
- Click the Start Button.
- Select Devices and Printers.
- Right click on your printer.
- Select Printing Preferences.
- Go to the Color tab.
- Select Print in Grayscale.
- Click Apply.
How do I change the default printer program in Windows 10?
How to set a default printer in Windows 10
- To choose a default printer, select the Start button and then Settings . Go to Devices > Printers & scanners > select a printer > Manage. Then select Set as default.
- In Windows 10, your default can be the printer you last used. To turn on this mode, open Start and select Settings > Devices > Printers & scanners.
How do I change the default printer in Word 2016?
In order to change the printer settings you’ll need to follow these steps if you are using Word 2010, Word 2013, or Word 2016:
- Display the File tab of the ribbon.
- Click Print at the left side of the dialog box.
- Using the Printer drop-down list, select the printer you want to use.
- Click on the Printer Properties button.
How do I setup a printer on Windows 10?
Let’s take a quick look at how to add your wireless printer in Windows 10.
- Open Windows search by pressing Windows Key + Q.
- Type in “printer.”
- Select Printers & Scanners.
- Turn on the printer.
- Refer to the manual to connect it to your Wi-Fi network.
- Hit Add a printer or scanner.
- Select the printer from the results.
Can I use Windows 10 as a server?
Windows 10 doesn’t come with any of that shiny server stuff. With all that said, Windows 10 is not server software. It is not intended to be used as a server OS. It cannot natively do the things that servers can.
How do I share printers in Windows 10?
How to share printers without HomeGroup on Windows 10
- Open Settings.
- Click on Devices.
- Click on Printers & scanners.
- Under “Printers & scanners,” select the printer you want to share.
- Click the Manage button.
- Click the Printer properties link.
- Click on the Sharing tab.
- Check the Share this printer option.
Why does default printer keep changing?
Default printer keeps changing randomly, after reboot, log off – According to users, their default printer keeps switching after reboot. This can be caused by your drivers, so be sure to update them. Default printer keeps switching, reverting back – Sometimes this issue can occur due to certain system bugs.
How do I change my printer to portrait?
Change mode in printer settings
- Open the Control Panel and then the Devices and Printers option.
- Find your printer in the Devices and Printers window and right-click the icon with your mouse.
- In the menu that appears, select Printing Preferences and find the option for Orientation in the preferences window.
Why does my printer default to onenote?
Remove OneNote as the Default Printer. Right-click the printer device icon and then and click “Set as default printer” after the pop-up menu appears. Close the “Printers and Devices” window. Windows no longer uses the OneNote virtual printer as the default print device when printing from an application.
How do I print in black and white on Windows 10?
Print in black and white. If you have a Word document that contains color text or graphics but you want to print it in black and white or grayscale, you can do so by changing your printer properties. The options you have available depend on the type of printer you have. Click the File tab, and then click Print.
How do I convert an image to grayscale?
Change a picture to grayscale or to black-and-white
- Click the picture that you want to change.
- On the Format tab, click Recolor, and then choose Grayscale.
Can you grayscale in paint?
One of the best apps to convert an image to grayscale is Paint.net. Open the image that you want to convert to grayscale in Paint. Use the Ctrl+A keybaord shortcut to select everything on the current layer. Once the layer is selected, go to Adjustments>Black and White.
How do I change my default browser on Windows 10?
Here’s how to change your default browser in Windows 10.
- Navigate to Settings. You can get there from the Start menu.
- 2.Select System.
- Click Default apps in the left pane.
- Click Microsoft Edge under the “Web browser” heading.
- Select the new browser (ex: Chrome) in the menu that pops up.
How do I set default programs in Windows 10?
Change default programs in Windows 10
- On the Start menu, select Settings > Apps > Default apps.
- Select which default you want to set, and then choose the app. You can also get new apps in Microsoft Store.
- You may want your .pdf files, or email, or music to automatically open using an app other than the one provided by Microsoft.
How do I change the default printer in BarTender?
To set the driver media configurations through BarTender:
- Open your document in BarTender.
- Go to File > Print.
- Verify the correct printer is set.
- Click Document Properties.
- There should be a Stock and Options tab where you can set the following:
How do I change the default template in Word 2016?
Change the Normal template (Normal.dotm )
- On the File tab, click Open.
- Go to C:\Users\user name\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Templates.
- Open the Normal template (Normal.dotm).
- Make any changes that you want to the fonts, margins, spacing, and other settings.
- When you have finished, click the File tab, and then click Save.
How do I get Microsoft Word back to original settings?
- Go to the Tools Menu, then Customize, then click options.
- Choose the option for “Reset menu and toolbar usage data”. This will put your toolbars back to the original settings. If you would like to reset your settings further, move on to the steps below.
How do I reset my print settings in Word?
Resetting Menus to Their Default
- Choose Customize from the Tools menu. Word displays the Customize dialog box.
- Right-click on the menu you want to reset.
- Choose Reset from the Context menu.
- Repeat steps 2 and 3 to reset any other menus desired.
- Click on Close in the Customize dialog box.
How do I find my printer’s IP address Windows 10?
Steps to Find Out The IP Address of A Printer in Windows 10 /8.1
- 1) Go to control panel to view the printers’ settings.
- 2) Once it has listed out the installed printers, right click on it which you want to find out the IP address.
- 3) In the properties box, go to ‘Ports’.
How do I connect two computers to one printer without network?
To use a printer with two computers and no router, create a computer-to-computer network. Connect the network cable or crossover network cable to one of the network ports on the first computer. Connect the other end of the cable to a network port on your second computer.
How do I enable file sharing in Windows 10?
Step 1: Open Control Panel. Step 2: Choose View network status and tasks under Network and Internet. Step 3: Select Change advanced sharing settings in Network and Sharing Center. Step 4: Choose Turn on file and printer sharing or Turn off file and printer sharing, and tap Save changes.
Why do we convert RGB to grayscale?
Gray scale is simply reducing complexity: from a 3D pixel value (R,G,B) to a 1D value. Grayscale images are more suitable for certain applications eg Image Steganography etc and when the image is in rgb format and our application needs a grayscale image then only we use the rgb2gray conversion, not always.
How do I change an image to black and white in Photoshop?
Here’s how to go to grayscale by using Black & White:
- Choose Image→Adjustments→Black & White. Your Black and White dialog box appears.
- Adjust the conversion to your liking by doing one of the following:
- If desired, select the Tint button to apply a tone of color to the black-and-white image.
How can I change a color picture to black and white?
How to Convert a Color Photo to Black and White Using Photoshop
- Open your photo using Photoshop.
- Go to image menu located at the top in between layer and edit.
- Click image and bring the cursor down to adjustments.
- Know that the adjustments setting will give a list of different options to chose from.
- Next select Black & White.
- Adjust each color individually.
How do you do grayscale?
Switch Color Filters on and select Grayscale. To easily toggle between color and grayscale, go to Settings > General > Accessibility > Accessibility Shortcut > Color Filters. Now, you just press the home button three times to enable grayscale. Triple-click again to go back to color.
How do I make a picture black and white in Microsoft Office Picture Manager?
Method 2: Converting color photos to Black & White in Picture Manager
- Locate the picture you want to edit on your hard drive and then right-click on it and select the Microsoft Office Picture Manager from the Open With sub-menu.
- After your photo is displayed, open the Picture menu and click on Color feature.
How do I change the color of a PNG in paint?
- Open Start. .
- Open Paint. Type in paint , then click Paint in the Start menu.
- Open an image if necessary.
- Select the eyedropper tool.
- Click the color you want to replace.
- Select the eyedropper tool again.
- Right-click the color you want to use to replace the first color.
- Select the eraser tool.
Photo in the article by “Wikimedia Commons”