To change the account type with the Settings app on Windows 10, use these steps:
- Open Settings.
- Click on Accounts.
- Click on Family & other users.
- Select a user account.
- Click the Change account type button.
- Select the Administrator or Standard User account type depending on your requirements.
- Click the OK button.
How do I change administrator?
Log on to the computer using the administrator username and password established. Click the Windows “Start” button in the lower left corner and select “Control Panel” from the left column. Locate and click on “User Accounts” to make changes to your user account.
How do I remove administrator account in Windows 10?
Use the Command Prompt instructions below for Windows 10 Home. Right-click the Start menu (or press Windows key + X) > Computer Management, then expand Local Users and Groups > Users. Select the Administrator account, right click on it then click Properties. Uncheck Account is disabled, click Apply then OK.
How do I change my administrator email?
Go to Settings > General.
- Add your new email address.
- Click Save Changes.
- You will be sent an email to your new address to confirm the change.
- When it has been successfully updated you will see the new email address in Settings > General and no longer see the Pending change of admin e-mail message.
How do I make an administrator account on Windows 10?
Tap the Windows icon.
- Select Settings.
- Tap Accounts.
- Select Family & other users.
- Tap “Add someone else to this PC.”
- Select “I don’t have this person’s sign-in information.”
- Select “Add a user without a Microsoft account.”
- Enter a username, type the account’s password twice, enter a clue and select Next.
Can you have two administrators on Windows 10?
Windows 10 offers two account types: Administrator and Standard User. (In previous versions there was also the Guest account, but that was removed with Windows 10.) Administrator accounts have complete control over a computer. Users with this type of account can run applications, but they can’t install new programs.
How do I change the name of the administrator on my computer?
Change the name of your Windows computer
- In Windows 10, 8.x, or 7, log into your computer with administrative rights.
- Navigate to the Control Panel.
- Click the System icon.
- In the “System” window that appears, under the “Computer name, domain and workgroup settings” section, on the right, click Change settings.
- You will see the “System Properties” window.
How do I recover my administrator account in Windows 10?
Method 1: Recover deleted administrator account by System Restore
- Choose Troubleshoot > Advanced options > System Restore.
- Select your Windows 10 to continue.
- Click Next on the System Restore wizard.
- Select the point (date and time) before you deleted the admin account, and click Next.
- Click Finish, and click Yes.
How do I sign out of Windows 10 as administrator?
Option 1: Sign out of Windows 10 from Start Menu. Step 1: Press Win key on your keyboard or tap/click Win icon in the lower-left corner of Windows 10 desktop to bring out Start Menu. Step 2: Click/tap your username on the upper-left corner. Then select sign out.
How can I delete administrator account?
Click “Users” to load a list of user accounts on your computer. Right-click the administrator account you want to delete and then click “Delete” on the pop-up menu that appears. Depending on your computer’s settings, you may be prompted to confirm that you want to delete the selected user.
How do I regain administrator rights in Windows 10?
Option 1: Get back lost administrator rights in Windows 10 through safe mode. Step 1: Sign into your current Admin account on which you’ve lost administrator rights. Step 2: Open PC Settings panel and then select Accounts. Step 3: Select Family & other users, and then click Add someone else to this PC.
How do I create an administrator account in Windows 10 using CMD?
Press the Windows key + X to open the Quick Access menu and click Command Prompt (Admin).
- Click on the Start button to open the Start menu.
- The PC Settings window should open.
- From the left pane, click on the Family & others tab.
- Enter the name for your new local account, password and password hint.
How do I find my administrator account on Windows 10?
Method 2 – From Admin Tools
- Hold the Windows Key while pressing “R” to bring up the Windows Run dialog box.
- Type “lusrmgr.msc“, then press “Enter“.
- Open “Users“.
- Select “Administrator“.
- Uncheck or check “Account is disabled” as desired.
- Select “OK“.
Can there be two administrator accounts on one computer?
Most programs will use different settings for each user account. Files: With multiple people sharing a single user account, no one really has any private files. Anyone using the same user account can view your files. System Permissions: Other user accounts can be either standard or administrator accounts.
How do I add a new administrator in Windows 10?
To create a local Windows 10 account, log in to an account with administrative privileges. Open the Start menu, click the user icon, and then select Change account settings. On the Settings dialog box, click Family & other users in the left pane. Then, click Add someone else to this PC under Other users on the right.
How do I run Windows 10 as an administrator?
4 Ways to run programs in administrative mode in Windows 10
- From Start Menu, find your desired program. Right-click and select Open File Location.
- Right-click the program and go to Properties –> Shortcut.
- Go to Advanced.
- Check Run as Administrator checkbox. Run as administrator option for program.
How do I change the administrator name on Windows 10?
Open the User Accounts control panel, then click Manage another account. Enter the correct username for the account then click Change Name. There is another way you can do it. Press Windows key + R, type: netplwiz or control userpasswords2 then hit Enter.
How do you change the administrator password?
If you want to change your personal administrator account’s password, open the Control Panel and select the “User Accounts” option. Select your personal administrator account and then click “Create a password” or “Change your password”.
How do I rename the built in Administrator account in Windows 10?
1] From the Windows 8.1 WinX Menu, open the Computer Management console. Expand Local Users and Groups > Users. Now in the middle pane, select and right-click on the administrator account you wish to rename, and from the context menu option, click on Rename. You can rename any Administrator account this way.
How do you remove an account from Windows 10?
Whether the user is using a local account or Microsoft account, you can remove a person’s account and data on Windows 10, use the following steps:
- Open Settings.
- Click on Accounts.
- Click on Family & other people.
- Select the account. Windows 10 delete account settings.
- Click the Delete account and data button.
How can I remove administrator password?
5 Ways to Remove the Administrator Password in Windows 10
- Open the Control Panel in Large icons view.
- Under the “Make changes to your user account” section, click Manage another account.
- You’ll see all the accounts on your computer.
- Click the “Change the password” link.
- Enter your original password and leave the new password boxes blank, click on Change password button.
How do I delete my main account on Windows 10?
To remove a Microsoft account from your Windows 10 PC:
- Click the Start button, and then click Settings.
- Click Accounts, scroll down, and then click the Microsoft account you would like to delete.
- Click Remove, and then click Yes.
How do I give myself admin rights using CMD?
2. Use Command Prompt
- From your Home Screen launch the Run box – press Wind + R keyboard keys.
- Type “cmd” and press enter.
- On the CMD window type “net user administrator /active:yes”.
- That’s it. Of course you can revert the operation by typing “net user administrator /active:no”.
How do I enable administrator account?
Just press the Windows key to open the metro interface and then type command prompt in the search box. Next, right-click on command prompt and Run it as administrator. Copy this code net user administrator /active:yes and paste it in the command prompt. Then, press Enter to enable your built-in administrator account.
What is my administrator password Windows 10 CMD?
Method 1: Use Alternative Sign-in Options
- Open an elevated Command Prompt by pressing the Windows logo key + X on your keyboard and then selecting Command Prompt (Admin).
- Type the following command at the Command Prompt and press Enter.
- You’ll get a password prompt to type a new password for the administrator account.
Photo in the article by “Wikimedia Commons”