Doing this is super simple – just group the layer with the first mask (from the menu go to Layer>group layer) and add another mask to the group and that is it.
How do I add multiple layer masks?
If you want to apply two layer masks, just put one on the layer in question and then put the layer in a Group. Then apply the other layer mask to the Group.
How do you create a 2 layer mask in Photoshop?
- Control + Click on the first layer mask… loads it as a selection.
- Control + Shift + Click on the second layer mask adds that mask to the selection.
- Hit the button to create a new layer mask.
How do I make a group mask in Photoshop?
To create a layer mask for a layer group:
- Do either of the following: Create a selection on an image layer. …
- On the Layers panel, click the adjustment group, then click the Add Layer Mask button. …
- Optional: Edit the layer mask, such as by applying a gradient or by applying strokes with the Brush tool.C.
Can you add to a mask in Photoshop?
Masking enables you to create anything you can imagine in Photoshop. You can add a mask to a layer and use the mask to hide portions of the layer and reveal the layers below. To easily edit and refine existing layer masks, do the following: In the Layers panel, select the layer containing the mask you want to edit.
What does a layer mask do in Photoshop?
What is a layer masking? Layer masking is a reversible way to hide part of a layer. This gives you more editing flexibility than permanently erasing or deleting part of a layer. Layer masking is useful for making image composites, cutting out objects for use in other documents, and limiting edits to part of a layer.
How do you combine masks?
- Control click your first mask in the Layers panel to load it as a selection (Cmd click on a Mac)
- Control Shift click the second mask in the Layers panel to add to the existing selection (Cmd Sh click on a Mac) …
- Layer > Layer Mask > Delete.
- Layer > Layer Mask > Reveal Selection.
How do I create a new layer in Photoshop?
To create a layer and specify a name and options, choose Layer > New > Layer, or choose New Layer from the Layers panel menu. Specify a name and other options, and then click OK. The new layer is automatically selected and appears in the panel above the layer that was last selected.
How do you create a layer mask?
Add layer masks
- Make sure that no part of your image is selected. Choose Select > Deselect.
- In the Layers panel, select the layer or group.
- Do one of the following: To create a mask that reveals the entire layer, click the Add Layer Mask button in the Layers panel, or choose Layer > Layer Mask > Reveal All.
How do you group all layers in Photoshop?
Group and link layers
- Select multiple layers in the Layers panel.
- Do one of the following: Choose Layer > Group Layers. Alt-drag (Windows) or Option-drag (Mac OS) layers to the folder icon at the bottom of the Layers panel to group the layers.
- To Ungroup the layers, select the group and choose Layer > Ungroup Layers.
How do I use a vector mask in Photoshop?
Add a vector mask that shows the contents of a shape
- In the Layers panel, select the layer to which you want to add a vector mask.
- Select a path, or use one of the shape or Pen tools to draw a work path. Note: …
- Click the Vector Mask button in the Masks panel, or choose Layer > Vector Mask > Current Path.
Why can’t I edit layer mask in Photoshop?
Solution #1: Set the Brush Mode to Normal
If you know the layer mask is selected, but can’t seem to use your brushes, check the Blend Mode of the Brush Tool. If the mode has been changed to anything else other than Normal, then make sure to change it back.
Why is layer mask not working Photoshop?
For ImageReady, to reset the layer mask tool, click Edit – Preferences – General – Reset All Tools. If restoring default settings don’t work, then resetting preferences can do the trick to fix layer mask issues. For Photoshop 6 and higher versions, hold down Ctrl + Alt + Shift keys during opening Photoshop or later.