Option 1. Wipe data only but keep Windows XP
- Select “Computer Management” and open it.
- Select “Disk Management” under Storage.
- Set the volume label, file system to “NTFS”, allocation unit size, perform a quick format and enable file and folder compression.
How do you do a clean install of Windows XP without CD?
To reload Windows XP without losing files, you can perform an in-place upgrade, also known as a repair installation. Insert the Windows XP CD into the optical drive and then press “Ctrl-Alt-Del” to restart the computer. Press any key when prompted to load the contents of the disc.
How do I restore Windows XP to factory settings without CD?
To access it, follow these instructions:
- Boot the computer.
- Press F8 and hold until your system boots into Windows Advanced Boot Options.
- Select Repair Cour Computer.
- Select a keyboard layout.
- Click Next.
- Login as an administrative user.
- Click OK.
- At the System Recovery Options window, select Startup Repair.
How do you wipe a hard drive?
5 steps to wipe a computer hard drive
- Step 1: Back up your hard-drive data.
- Step 2: Don’t just delete files from your computer.
- Step 3: Use a program to wipe your drive.
- Step 4: Physically wipe your hard drive.
- Step 5: Do a fresh installation of the operating system.
How do I reformat Windows XP?
Reformat the Hard Drive in Windows XP
- To reformat a hard drive with Windows XP, insert Windows CD and restart your computer.
- Your computer should automatically boot from the CD to the Windows Setup Main Menu.
- At the Welcome to Setup page, press ENTER.
- Press F8 to accept the Windows XP Licensing Agreement.
How do you wipe a computer clean to sell it?
Reset your Windows 8.1 PC
- Open PC Settings.
- Click on Update and recovery.
- Click on Recovery.
- Under “Remove everything and reinstall Windows 10,” click the Get started button.
- Click the Next button.
- Click the Fully clean the drive option to erase everything on your device and start fresh with a copy of Windows 8.1.
Can I still install Windows XP?
“Windows XP can still be installed and activated after end of support on April 8,” the spokesperson noted. “Computers running Windows XP will still work, they just won’t receive any new security updates. Support of Windows XP ends on April 8, 2014, regardless of when you install the OS.”
How do I restore my Dell computer to factory settings Windows XP?
When the Dell splash screen appears during the computer startup process, press and hold Ctrl and then press F11. Then, release both keys at the same time. c. In the Dell PC Restore by Symantec window, click Restore.
Can you factory reset a computer without a CD?
3.When the computer logo appears on the screen, you need to press and hold the F8 key to open the Advanced Boot Options menu. When the 9 steps above to restore system to factory default settings without Windows disc has been finished, your Windows 7 computer can be nearly acted as a new computer.
Can you completely wipe a hard drive?
You’ll need to take an extra step to wipe the hard drive completely. When you format a hard drive or delete a partition, you’re usually only deleting the file system, making the data invisible, or no longer blatantly indexed, but not gone. A file recovery program or special hardware can easily recover the information.
How do I wipe my OS off hard drive?
Steps to delete Windows 10/8.1/8/7/Vista/XP from system drive
- Insert the Windows installation CD into your disk drive and restart your computer;
- Hit any key on your keyboard when asked if you want to boot to the CD;
- Press “Enter” at the welcome screen and then hit the “F8” key to accept the Windows license agreement.
How do I do a factory reset?
Factory reset Android in Recovery Mode
- Turn your phone off.
- Hold the Volume down button, and while doing so, also hold the Power button until the phone turns on.
- You’ll see the word Start, then you should press Volume down until Recovery mode is highlighted.
- Now press the Power button to start recovery mode.
How do I restore my computer to its factory settings?
To reset your PC
- Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, tap Settings, and then tap Change PC settings.
- Tap or click Update and recovery, and then tap or click Recovery.
- Under Remove everything and reinstall Windows, tap or click Get started.
- Follow the instructions on the screen.
Photo in the article by “Wikipedia”