To type accented characters on Windows using their Alt codes, you need to:
- Move your mouse cursor to where you want to type the accented character.
- Make sure your Num Lock is turned on.
- Press and hold the Alt key on your keyboard.
- With the Alt key still held, type the Alt code for the accented character you want.
How do you type French accents?
How to Type French Accent Marks in Microsoft Word
- Aigu Accent. Hold the Ctrl key and type an apostrophe (‘); release both keys and type the letter e to automatically add the aigu.
- Grave Accent. Hold the Ctrl key, type a grave symbol (`) and then release both keys.
How do you add accents on Windows 10?
Windows 10. Using the on-screen keyboard to input accented letters is one easy way to nail your spelling. Look for the keyboard icon on the right-hand side of your taskbar, bring up the on-screen keyboard, and hold down (or left-click and hold) your cursor over the letter you’d like to accent.
How do you type accents on Windows?
Method 1 Typing Accents on PCs
- Try shortcut keys.
- Press Control + `, then the letter to add a grave accent.
- Press Control + ‘, then the letter to add an acute accent.
- Press Control, then Shift, then 6, then the letter to add a circumflex accent.
- Press Shift + Control + ~, then the letter to add a tilde accent.
How do you put an accent over a letter?
Inserting accented letters with the menu bar or Ribbon
- Open Microsoft Word.
- Select the Insert tab on the Ribbon or click Insert in the menu bar.
- On the Insert tab or the Insert drop-down, select the Symbol option.
- Select the desired accented character or symbol from the list of symbols.
Photo in the article by “Wikimedia Commons”