- Open the Messenger app. It’s the white bolt of lightning on a blue speech bubble icon.
- Tap People. You’ll see this option in the bottom right corner of the screen.
- Tap Active.
- Slide the switch next to your name left to the “Off” position.
How do I stop Facebook from showing when I was last active?
Just open your Facebook Messenger App, go to the “People” tab and then tap “Active” at the very top. This will show you a list of all of your friends that are active on the messenger app, and you can disable the toggle button next to your name to get rid of your Facebook last active notice.
How do I turn off the timestamp on Facebook?
Open up the Facebook Messenger App, go to the “People” tab and tap “Active” at the very top. Now you’ll see a list of all of your active Facebook friends. Disable the toggle button next to your name.
How do I hide my online status on Facebook 2018?
How to Hide That You’re Using Facebook Chat
- With Facebook open, click the small options gear icon on the bottom right of the chat screen.
- Click Turn Off Active Status.
- You’ll now see a popup dialog box. Check the option you want to enable:
- Click Okay to confirm the changes.
How do I hide the green dot on Facebook?
Note: These screenshots were captured in the Facebook Messenger application on iOS.
- Step 1: Tap “People” in the bottom-right corner of the screen.
- Step 2: Tap “Active.”
- Step 3: Tap the green switch to turn off chat and appear inactive. You can tap the button again to turn chat back on.
How do I stop Facebook showing when I was last online?
Open up the Facebook Messenger App, go to the “People” tab and tap “Active” at the very top. Now you’ll see a list of all of your active Facebook friends. Disable the toggle button next to your name. You won’t be able to see who is online right now, but no one will be able to see whether you are online.
How do I turn off active on Facebook 2018?
Open up the Facebook Messenger App, tap on your profile picture in the upper left corner tab and tap “Availability” in the list. Now you just need to disable the toggle button and confirm this by tapping “Turn Off”. This is how to turn off active on Messenger.
How can you see when someone was last active on Facebook 2017?
Scroll down until you see the person you’re looking for.
- If you see a green dot next to the person’s name, they are online now (or within the last few minutes).
- If you see a number followed by “M” (minutes), “H” (hours), or “D” (days), the number indicates how long it’s been since that person was on Facebook.
What does it mean when FB Messenger doesn’t show last active?
It means that, that person has spent more than 24 hours staying away from Facebook. They’ve either been off Facebook and Messenger for more than a day, or they’ve deliberately turned off their Availability so no one can see when they’re online.
How do I hide my active status on Facebook app?
How to turn off active status on Facebook
- Log in your facebook account via a browser.
- Click the gear menu at the bottom right on the chat sidebar.
- Click Off Turn off Active Status.
- Chose your preferred option and finally click okay.
How do I hide my online status on Facebook 2019?
How to Hide your Active Status in Facebook App
- Simply open your Facebook app.
- Scroll down and tap Settings & Privacy.
- Go to Settings.
- Scroll down in Privacy category tap Active Status.
- Tap the toggle button to Turn On or Turn Off to confirm your choice.
Can you turn off active now on Facebook?
You can show when you’re active or recently active by turning on your Active Status. When you turn Active Status off, You’ll still appear active or recently active from any other places where you’re using Facebook or Messenger unless you turn off Active Status in those places, too.
How can I hide my active status on Facebook?
Open Facebook messenger on your device.
- Tap on your profile icon in the Facebook Messenger App.
- Tap on Active Status.
- Toggle off the “show when you’re active” button. Note: If you turn off Active status, you’ll still appear active or recently active unless you turn off the setting every place you’re using Messenger.
What is the difference between active now and the green light on Facebook?
‘Active Now’ with green dot means person is online and visible to their Messenger contacts. Refresh the Messenger, if you still see ‘Active Now’ without green dot that means they might have their chat turned off or you have turned off your chat. For Messenger app or messenger.com, visit the Messenger Help Center.
Does Facebook show your active when your not?
The only reason I have seen for Facebook to display “Active 1 minute ago” is if you cannot see that person on chat. That person has turned off chat on the device they are using. They will still be able to receive messages, but will show as offline.
Does Facebook Messenger show active when you’re not?
Facebook. It’s a common theory Facebook Messenger’s last seen notifications are not accurate. Mainly because it is thought if you leave the app or site open, it will still show you as being “active now” even though you are not physically browsing within it.
Can’t see when someone was last active?
You may not be able to see someone else’s information because of how they have set their privacy settings. If you can’t see someone else’s last seen, profile photo, about, status, or read receipts, it may be due to one of the following: Your contact has changed their privacy settings to “Nobody”.
How do I turn off seen by on Facebook?
Under the Settings menu, tap Messages. From here, simply switch Send Read Receipts to off. You can also disable iMessage seen notifications through your Mac as well. To do so, open Messages, navigate to Preferences, and select Accounts.
How do I hide my activity on Facebook?
Facebook. How do I use my activity log to hide or remove stories?
- Go to your activity log.
- Find the story you’re looking for.
- The audience selector below the story shows you who the story is shared with.
- Click Delete or Hide From Timeline below certain stories to delete or hide them from your timeline.
How do I turn off active status on Facebook Android?
Tap . Scroll down and tap Settings & Privacy, then tap Settings. Use the toggle at the top of the screen to turn your Active Status on or off. Tap Turn On or Turn Off to confirm your choice.
How do I hide active status on Messenger 2019?
Hiding active status on Messenger: Step-by-step
- Open the Messenger app.
- Tap on the circle shaped icon located in the top right-hand corner.
- Select the ‘Activity Status’ option.
- Toggle off the ‘Show when you’re active option’
- Tap on ‘Turn off’
Can you still appear offline on facebook?
You will then appear to be offline to that list only. Even when you are offline to a list, you can still see them in your chat window. To disable the “Chat” option, click on the Chat bar at the bottom right of any Facebook page you are currently viewing.
How do I appear offline on Facebook Mobile?
To appear offline using an iPhone, open the Facebook Messenger app and select your address book. Tap on the Active tab, and toggle the switch displayed next to your username to the Off position: Now that you have successfully disabled Facebook Chat your mobile, you will no longer appear in your friends’ Active tabs.
How can I be invisible on facebook app?
How to Appear Offline on Facebook Using an Android Device
- Open your Facebook app.
- Tap the hamburger icon (menu) in the upper-right corner.
- Scroll down to the Settings & Privacy Section. Tap Settings.
- Scroll down to the Privacy section and tap Active Status.
- Now friends can’t identify you as being online.
How can I hide my active status on Facebook Messenger?
How to Hide Your Active Status on Facebook Messenger
- If you use Facebook Messenger for any reason, all of your friends who also use the service can tell when you’re active.
- Next, tap the “Active” tab at the top.
- Tap the toggle to the right of your name to disable your active status.
- Disable Active Status on Messenger.com.
- Next, click the “Active Contacts” setting.
Photo in the article by “Flickr”