If you have a shiny new phone with Ice Cream Sandwich or above, screenshots are built right into your phone!
Just press the Volume Down and Power buttons at the same time, hold them for a second, and your phone will take a screenshot.
It’ll show up in your Gallery app for you to share with whomever you wish!
How do I take a screen shot on my Samsung?
Here’s how to do it:
- Get the screen that you want to capture ready to go.
- Simultaneously press the power button and the home button.
- You’ll now be able to see the screenshot in the Gallery app, or in Samsung’s built-in “My Files” file browser.
How do I take screenshots?
Method 1: How to take a screenshot using the button shortcut
- Get the app or screen that you want to capture ready to go.
- Press and hold the home button and the power button at the same time.
How do you screenshot on an android without the power button?
How to take a screenshot without using the power button on stock Android
- Begin by heading over to the screen or app on your Android that you want to take a screen of.
- To trigger the Now on Tap screen ( a feature that allows button-less screenshot) press and hold the home button.
How do you take a screenshot on an Android pie?
The old Volume Down+Power button combination still works for taking a screenshot on your Android 9 Pie device, but you can also long-press on Power and tap Screenshot instead (Power off and Restart buttons are listed too).
How do you screenshot on Samsung s10?
Samsung Galaxy S10 – Capture a Screenshot. To capture a screenshot, press and hold the Power and Volume down buttons at the same time (for approximately 2 seconds). To view the screenshot you’ve taken, swipe up or down from the center of the display on a Home screen then tap Gallery .
How do I take a screenshot on my Samsung Galaxy 10?
Make sure you enable this Galaxy S10 screenshot method by going to Settings > Advanced Features > Smart capture. Step-by-step instructions: Navigate to the content you want to capture. Take a screenshot with the volume down and power buttons or a palm swipe.
How do I take a screenshot with my Samsung Galaxy s9?
Galaxy S9 screenshot method 1: Hold the buttons
- Navigate to the content you want to capture.
- Press and hold the volume down and power buttons simultaneously.
How do you screenshot with a Samsung Galaxy s9?
Samsung Galaxy S9 / S9+ – Capture a Screenshot. To capture a screenshot, press and hold the Power and Volume down buttons at the same time (for approximately 2 seconds). To view the screenshot you’ve taken, swipe up or down from the center of the display on a Home screen then navigate: Gallery > Screenshots.
How do I take a screenshot on Samsung s7?
Samsung Galaxy S7 / S7 edge – Capture a Screenshot. To capture a screenshot, press the Power button and the Home button at the same time. To view the screenshot you’ve taken, navigate: Apps > Gallery.
Why can’t I take a screenshot on my Android?
The standard way to take an Android screenshot. Capturing a screenshot usually involves pressing two buttons on your Android device — either the volume down key and the power button, or the home and power buttons. There are alternate ways to capture screenshots, and those may or may not be mentioned in this guide.
Is there an assistive touch for Android?
iOS comes with a Assistive Touch feature that you can use to access various sections of the phone/tablet. To get Assistive Touch for Android, you can use an app call Floating Touch which brings a similar solution for Android phone, but with more customization options.
How do I turn off my Android without the power button?
Method 1. Use Volume and Home Button
- Trying pressing both the volume buttons at once for a few seconds.
- If your device has a home button, you can also try to press the volume and the Home button simultaneously.
- If nothing works, let your smartphone battery drain so that the phone shut down itself.
How do you take a screenshot on Android update?
In all Android phones, the default method of taking a screenshot is pressing and holding the power button and volume down button simultaneously. Using this button combination to take screenshots works on all Android phones and tablets.
Where are screenshots saved on Android?
Screenshots taken in usual way (by pressing hardware-buttons) are saved in Pictures/Screenshot (or DCIM/Screenshot) folder. If you install a third party Screenshot app on Android OS, you need to check screenshot location in the Settings.
What is the latest Android version?
|Code name||Version number||Initial release date|
|Oreo||8.0 – 8.1||August 21, 2017|
|Pie||9.0||August 6, 2018|
|Legend: Old version Older version, still supported Latest version Latest preview version|
14 more rows
How do you screenshot on a Samsung Galaxy Plus s10?
How to Capture a Screenshot on the Galaxy S10
- Here’s how to take screenshots on the Galaxy S10, S10 Plus and S10e.
- Press and hold the power and volume down buttons at the same time.
- After pressing the power and volume down button to capture the screen, tap the Scroll Capture icon in the menu of options that pops up.
How do you screenshot on a s10+?
Button combo screenshot
- Open the app or website you wish to capture.
- Press and hold the power button and volume down button for about 2 seconds, until you see the screen flash. The screen image will shrink in slightly before returning to normal as the screenshot controls appear near the bottom of the screen.
How do you screenshot on a Samsung Galaxy 10?
Capture a Screenshot – Samsung Galaxy Tab® 4 (10.1) To capture a screenshot, simultanuously press and hold the Power button (located on the top-left edge) and the Home button (oval button located at the bottom). To view the screenshot you’ve taken, navigate: Gallery > Screenshots from a home or the Apps screen.
What is Samsung capture app?
Smart capture lets you capture parts of the screen that are hidden from view. It can automatically scroll down the page or image, and screenshot the parts that would normally be missing. Smart capture will combine all the screenshots into one image. You can also crop and share the screenshot immediately.
What is Samsung direct share?
Direct Share is a new feature in Android Marshmallow that allows users to share content to targets, such as contacts, within other apps.
What is Smart Alert?
Smart alert is a motion gesture that will cause your device to vibrate when you pick it up and notifications, such as missed calls or new messages, are waiting. You can turn on this feature in the Motions and gestures settings menu.
How do I take a screenshot on my Galaxy s8?
Samsung Galaxy S8 / S8+ – Capture a Screenshot. To capture a screenshot, press the Power button and the Volume down button at the same time (for approximately 2 seconds). To view the screenshot you’ve taken, swipe up or down from the center of the display on a Home screen then navigate: Gallery > Screenshots.
How do I Screenshot a long Samsung?
Here’s how it’s done:
- First, enable Smart capture from Advanced settings.
- Navigate to the screen you want to take a shot of.
- Take a screenshot like normal.
- Once you take a screenshot, tap on Scroll capture (previously “capture more”) from the options that will show up at the bottom of the screen.
How do I take a screen shot with my Galaxy s5?
- Pull up the screen you want to capture.
- Press the power and home buttons at the same time. The power button is on the right edge of your S5 (when the phone’s facing you) while the Home button is below the display.
- Go to Gallery to find your screenshot.
- Tap the Screenshots folder.
Photo in the article by “Wikimedia Commons”