Why do I get ping spikes?
Lag can be caused by many different factors, however most often it’s network related and usually resolves quickly.
Ping spikes and packet loss are a major cause of lag and are often caused by congestion or interference on the route that is used for your data to travel from your personal computer to the server and back.
How do I fix high ping?
How to Fix High Ping on Windows 10
- Press Crtrl + Shift + Esc to open Task Manager.
- Press More Details.
- Sort the Network column in descending order (from high to low) to see the applications that are using the most bandwidth.
- Close applications using a high amount of bandwidth (unless it’s a system process).
How do I lower my ping in Windows 10?
Windows 10 ping spikes – According to users, sometimes they might experience high ping spikes.
Solution 5 – Disable location tracking feature
- Open the Settings app and navigate to Privacy section.
- In the left pane click on Location. Now click on Change button.
- Set Location for this device to Off.
How do I fix high Ping in online games?
Reduce High Ping
- Connect via ethernet cable. Ethernet cable connection is usually preferred for online gaming.
- Eliminate bandwidth hogs.
- Connect to the right server.
- Use a gaming VPN.
- Use PingEnhancer.
- Perform a clean boot.
- Make sure PC and router are not overheating.
- Keep all the drivers up-to-date.
Photo in the article by “Wikimedia Blog”