Choose one contact, double tap or hold on one message, and click “More”.
Select the messages you want to delete, tap “Trash” icon to get rid of them.
Or tap “Delete All” on the top-left corner of your screen to remove all messages/attachments from one specific person.
How do I permanently delete text messages from my iPhone 10?
On your iPhone:
- Go to the “Settings” app and tap on “General.”
- Tap “Storage & iCloud Usage,” then “Manage Storage” below the iCloud section.
- Select the device you wish to delete under “Backups.”
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and hit “Delete Backup.”
- Tap “Turn Off & Delete” and the backup will be erased.
How do you delete a text message without deleting the whole conversation?
Tap the conversation that has the messages you want to delete in it. With the conversation open, tap and hold the message you want to delete until the menu pops up. Then tap More in the pop-up menu. A circle appears next to each individual message.
How do you delete iPhone text messages?
Method 1 Deleting Individual Text Messages
- Open your iPhone’s Messages.
- Select a conversation from the Messages menu.
- Tap and hold a text you wish to delete.
- Select More.
- Select each message you wish to delete.
- Tap the trash can icon.
- Tap Delete Message.
Can I delete a text message I sent someone?
Unfortunately, it’s not possible to unsend a message. Google has an unsend feature to Gmail, but text messaging with Apple is, for now, a one-way service and once the message has been delivered the other person can read it. So, you need to cancel the message before it is delivered.
Can you permanently delete text messages on iPhone?
Delete text messages on your iPhone manually. Tap Messages app > tap Edit > tap the read circle, then you can remove the whole conversation from your iPhone. And then you can delete any message in this conversation you need. However, you think you’ve deleted the text from your iPhone, but you may find them in spotlight
How do I permanently delete text messages from my iPhone using XR?
How to permanently delete text messages on your iPhone
- Find the conversation in the Message app and wipe to the left on it.
- Click the backup you want to delete and select “Delete Backup” in the lower-right corner.
- To remove individual text messages from the Messages app on your Mac, open the app and right-click on the message you want to delete then select “Delete”.
Can text messages be traced after they are erased?
Unfortunately, this isn’t always the case. Text messages can remain on your phone until they are overwritten by other data. However, if you follow the steps above, all the messages will be deleted from your device – but are the deleted messages really gone? No.
How do you delete conversation on iPhone?
Delete a message or conversation
- In a message conversation, touch and hold the message bubble that you want to delete, then tap More.
- Tap , then tap Delete Message. If you want to delete all messages in the thread, tap Delete All in the upper-left corner. Then tap Delete Conversation.
How do you delete text notifications on iPhone?
Clearing Badge Alerts You Don’t Want to See
- Tap the “Settings” icon on the iPhone’s home screen and then tap “Notifications.”
- Scroll down through the list of apps in the Notification Section and select the app you want disabled from using badge alerts.
- Tap the “Badge App Icon” button to toggle it from “On” to “Off.”
How do you delete messages on iPhone so the other person cant see it?
Delete Text Messages, iMessages, & Conversations from iPhone
- Open the Messages app and tap the “Edit” button in the corner.
- Locate the SMS thread you want to remove and tap the little red (-) button, then tap the “Delete” button to remove all messages and correspondence with that person.
- Repeat as necessary for other contacts.
When you delete a text on iPhone does the other person see it?
There’s no simple way to cancel it even at this point. Even if you delete the message from the conversation thread — even if it is still in the process of being sent —your iOS device will still attempt to send it out in the background. Deleting a message only deletes your local copy of the message.
Does deleting a message on iMessage Unsend it?
A: Basically, no, the message won’t be canceled. Further, if you’re using an iPhone and have the “Send as SMS” option enabled in your Messages Settings, any messages that can’t be delivered by iMessage will eventually be sent as normal text messages.
Photo in the article by “Help smartphone”