Part 2: How to Delete an Update on iPhone iOS
- Open “Settings” and choose “General”.
- Click “iPhone Storage” option.
- Scroll down and choose the iOS 11 update.
- Choose “Delete Update” and confirm to delete iOS update 11.
- Head to “Settings” app and select “General”.
- Then choose “Storage & iCloud Usage” option.
How do you remove an update from your iPhone?
For Versions before iOS 11
- Open the Settings app on your iPhone and go to “General”.
- Select “Storage & iCloud Usage”.
- Go to “Manage Storage”.
- Locate the nagging iOS software update and tap on it.
- Tap “Delete Update” and confirm that you want to delete the update.
Can’t find iOS update to delete?
How to remove downloaded software updates
- 1) On your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, go to Settings and tap General.
- 2) Select iPhone Storage or iPad Storage depending on your device.
- 3) Locate the iOS software download in the list and tap on it.
- 4) Select Delete Update and confirm you do want to delete it.
Can I revert to iOS 10?
Step One: Download the iOS 10 restore image. Since you’re using iOS 11, you’ll have to download the older iOS 10 image. From there you can choose the corresponding restore image (in this case, iOS 10.3.3) for your device and wait for the multi-gigabyte file to download.
How do you delete apps on iOS 10?
How to delete a pre-installed Apple app
- Open a folder or locate an Apple app you want to delete.
- Push down lightly on the app icon until it starts to dance.
- Tap the small x icon that appears on the top left.
- Tap Remove.
How do I delete an update on my iPhone?
Delete content manually
- Go to Settings > General > [device] Storage.
- Select any app to see how much space it uses.
- Tap Delete App. Some apps, such as Music and Videos, let you delete parts of their documents and data.
- Install the iOS update again. Go to Settings > General > Software Update.
Can you delete an iOS update?
You can remove the iOS update from your device, which is really the best way to prevent accidentally installing and update or not installing one at all. All users can easily delete any iOS update that has already been downloaded onto your iPhone, or iPad or iPod touch.
How do I go back to previous iOS?
How to Go Back to a Previous Version of iOS on an iPhone
- Check your current iOS version.
- Back up your iPhone.
- Search Google for an IPSW file.
- Download an IPSW file on your computer.
- Open iTunes on your computer.
- Connect your iPhone to your computer.
- Click on the iPhone icon.
- Click Summary on the left navigation menu.
Will my iPhone stop working if I don’t update it?
As a rule of thumb, your iPhone and your main apps should still work fine, even if you don’t do the update. Conversely, updating your iPhone to the latest iOS could cause your apps to stop working. If that happens, you might have to update your apps too. You’ll be able to check this in Settings.
How do I remove an update from the App Store?
Hiding Mac App Store updates
- Step 2: Click the Store tab in the menu bar and select Show All Software Updates.
- Step 1: Open the Mac App Store.
- Step 2: Right click on the update(s) that you wish to hide, and click Hide Update.
- Step 1: Open the Mac App Store and click the Updates tab.
Does downgrading iOS delete everything?
There are two ways to restore iPhone with iTunes. The standard method does not delete your iPhone data when restoring. On the other hand, if you restore your iPhone with DFU mode, then all your iPhone data gets deleted.
How do I downgrade my iPad to iOS 10?
Downgrade from iOS 10 Beta to iOS 9
- Make sure that you’re using the latest version of iTunes.
- Turn off Find My iPhone in the iCloud section of the Settings app.
- Turn off the iPhone or the iPad.
- Hold down the Home button while plugging the device into a PC or Mac running iTunes.
Can you downgrade from iOS 12?
iOS 12 backups won’t restore to your device once it’s running iOS 11. If you downgrade without a backup, be prepared to start from scratch. To get started with the downgrade, backup your iOS device to either iTunes or iCloud.
How do I delete apps from iCloud iOS 10?
How to Delete Apps/App Data from iCloud (iOS 11 Supported)
- On your iPhone, go to Settings and Press iCloud.
- Then tap on Storage and then Manage Storage.
- Under “BACKUPS”, click on your iPhone name.
- Some of the apps will be listed there.
- Go to the app that you want to delete data from iCloud, scroll it to the left.
How do I delete apps on the new iOS?
What to do if your motor skills make it difficult to delete an app
- Launch the Settings app on your iPhone or iPad.
- Tap General.
- Tap [Device] Storage.
- Select the app you want to delete.
- Tap Delete app.
- Tap Delete to confirm that you want to delete the app.
How do you delete health from iPhone?
How to delete data from the Health app
- Launch the Health app from your Home screen.
- Choose a category.
- Select the subject, such as Active Energy or Sleep Analysis, from which you wish to remove data.
- Tap Show All Data.
- Find the data that you want to remove and tap Edit.
How do you uninstall an app update on iPhone?
How to Delete iPhone Apps Stuck on Installing Updates
- Tap Settings.
- Tap General.
- Tap Storage & iCloud.
- Under the Storage section, tap Manage Storage.
- Scroll through the app list and tap on the app you want to delete.
- Now tap the Delete App button.
Can I downgrade my iOS?
Not unreasonably, Apple doesn’t encourage downgrading to a previous version of iOS, but it is possible. Currently Apple’s servers are still signing iOS 11.4. You can’t go back any further, unfortunately, which could be an issue if your most recent backup was made while running an older version of iOS.
How do I clear my iPhone memory?
Follow these steps:
- Tap Settings > General > Storage & iCloud Usage.
- In the top section (Storage), tap Manage Storage.
- Select an app that’s taking up a lot of space.
- Take a look at the entry for Documents & Data.
- Tap Delete App, then head to the App Store to re-download it.
Can you delete an update on an App?
Tap “x” and it will pop up a warning message that ask are you sure to delete all the files and data of this app, tap “Delete” to delete. Then the updated app will be deleted, which means you uninstalled the app updates. To uninstall app updates, users often means to download the old version back.
How do I uninstall an XR update on my iPhone?
Steps to delete third-party apps on iPhone XR
- Lightly touch and hold the app icon from the Home screen until it jiggles.
- Tap the X in the upper-left corner of the app you want to delete/uninstall.
- If prompted, tap Delete to confirm.
- When you’re done deleting apps, tap Done.
How do I delete my iOS beta profile?
Launch the Settings app, tap on General, then Profile & Device Management. Select the iOS Beta Software Profile, then tap on Delete. Confirm you want to remove the profile, and you’re done. In the future your iOS device will only download the officially released builds, after Apple has worked out any issues.
How do I stop Apple updates?
So the first thing you should do is dive into settings and turn Automatic Updates off:
- Tap Settings.
- Tap iTunes & App Store.
- In the section headed Automatic Downloads, set the slider next to Updates to Off (white).
How do you uninstall app updates on iPhone 6?
- Go to your Home screen.
- Touch your finger down lightly on an app icon you want to move or delete.
- Wait a few seconds.
How do I undo an app update on Android?
No, you can’t undo an update downloaded from the play store, as of now. If it is a system app that comes pre-installed with the phone, like google or hangouts, then go to app info and uninstall updates. Or for any other app, search google for the app version you want and download it’s apk.
Can you downgrade to an unsigned iOS?
Here’s a step-by-step guide on how to restore to an unsigned iOS firmware like iOS 11.1.2 which can be jailbroken. So the ability to upgrade or downgrade to an unsigned iOS firmware version can be very useful if you want to jailbreak your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch.
How do I undo an update on my iPad?
From a backup in iTunes
- Download the IPSW file for your device and iOS 11.4 here.
- Disable Find My Phone or Find My iPad by heading to Settings, then tapping iCloud, and turning off the feature.
- Plug your iPhone or iPad into your computer and launch iTunes.
- Hold down Option (or Shift on a PC) and press Restore iPhone.
How do I downgrade from iOS 12 to IOS 10?
To downgrade iOS 12 to iOS 11.4.1 you need to download the proper IPSW. IPSW.me
- Visit IPSW.me and select your device.
- You’ll be taken to a list of iOS versions Apple is still signing. Click on version 11.4.1.
- Download and save the software to your computer desktop or another location where you can easily find it.
Photo in the article by “Wikipedia”