How to create a Windows 10 UEFI boot media using Media Creation Tool
- Open Windows 10 download page.
- Under the “Create Windows 10 installation media” section, click the Download tool now button to save the file on your device.
- Double-click the MediaCreationToolxxxx.exe file to launch the tool.
How do I create a Windows boot USB?
Step1: Create Bootable USB Drive
- Start PowerISO (v6.5 or newer version, download here).
- Insert the USB drive you intend to boot from.
- Choose the menu “Tools > Create Bootable USB Drive”.
- In “Create Bootable USB Drive” dialog, click “” button to open the iso file of Windows operating system.
How do I create a Windows installation media?
How to Create Windows 8.1 Install Media
- Connect the USB flash drive or insert the DVD.
- Download Microsoft Media Creation tool .
- Choose your system language, Windows Edition and the architecture of the media. Note: From within Windows 8, If you want to verify what are the current settings for your system, press <Windows Key> + <X> and select <System>.
How do I create a Windows 10 installer flash drive on a Mac?
After downloading the ISO file, you’ll need to use Boot Camp Assistant to move it to a bootable USB drive.
- Insert a USB flash drive to your Mac.
- Open Boot Camp Assistant.
- Check the box for “Create a Windows 7 or later version install disk” and deselect “Install Windows 7 or later version.”
- Click Continue to proceed.
Where can I download Windows 10 ISO?
Download a Windows 10 ISO Image
- Read through the license terms and then accept them with the Accept button.
- Choose Create installation media (USB flash drive, DVD, or ISO file) for another PC and then select Next.
- Choose the Language, Edition, and Architecture you want the ISO image for.
How do I make a recovery USB for Windows 10?
To get started, insert a USB drive or DVD into your computer. Launch Windows 10 and type Recovery Drive at the Cortana search field and then click on the match to “Create a recovery drive” (or open Control Panel in icon view, click on the icon for Recovery, and click the link to “Create a recovery drive.”)
How do I clean install Windows 10 from USB?
Save your settings, reboot your computer and you should now be able to install Windows 10.
- Step 1 – Enter your computer’s BIOS.
- Step 2 – Set your computer to boot from DVD or USB.
- Step 3 – Choose the Windows 10 clean install option.
- Step 4 – How to find your Windows 10 license key.
- Step 5 – Select your hard disk or SSD.
How do I create a Windows 10 install disk?
- Step 1Activate Windows 10. In order to create your installation media, you first need to upgrade your current Windows 7 or Windows 8.1 PC to Windows 10.
- Step 2Install Microsoft’s Media Creation Tool.
- Step 3Creation Your Installation Disk.
- Step 4Using Your New Windows 10 Installation Disk.
- 2 Comments.
How do I get Windows 10 media creation tool?
Creating the Windows 10 USB flash drive
- Visit the Microsoft Media Creation Tool website.
- Click Download Tool Now.
- Save the Application.
- Plug your USB Flash Drive into the PC where you saved the application.
- Run the Application.
- Accept the EULA.
- Select Create installation media for another PC and click Next.
Can I install Windows 10 on a USB drive?
Running Windows 10 From a USB Drive. First, sign into your current Windows 10 computer to create a Windows 10 ISO file that will be used to install Windows 10 onto the USB drive. To do this, browse to the Download Windows 10 website. Then double-click the downloaded MediaCreationTool.exe file to install the tool.
How do I create a Mac installer flash drive from Windows?
To create a bootable USB drive with the latest version of macOS, do the following:
- Download and install TransMac on your Windows PC.
- Connect the USB flash drive you want to use to fix your Mac.
- Right-click TransMac, and select Run as administrator.
- If you’re using the trial version, wait 15 seconds, and click Run.
Can I make a bootable Windows 10 USB on Mac?
UNetbootin is a free, open source utility that allows you to create bootable USB drives on Windows, Linux, and Mac OS X. If you’ve downloaded Windows 10 ISO image, here is how you can create a bootable Windows installer USB on Mac using UNetbootin. Plug a USB drive into your Mac and open Disk Utility.
How do I make a Windows 10 ISO bootable?
Preparing the .ISO file for installation.
- Launch it.
- Select ISO Image.
- Point to the Windows 10 ISO file.
- Check off Create a bootable disk using.
- Select GPT partitioning for EUFI firmware as the Partition scheme.
- Choose FAT32 NOT NTFS as the File system.
- Make sure your USB thumbdrive in the Device list box.
- Click Start.
How do I download Windows 10 ISO using media creation tool?
How to download the Windows 10 ISO file
- Open a new tab on Microsoft Edge.
- Right-click on the page and select Inspect element.
- Click on Emulation.
- Under “Mode”, change the user agent string to Apple Safari (ipad).
- Refresh the page if the browser doesn’t reload automatically.
- Select the edition of Windows 10 you want.
How can I download Windows 10 ISO?
Download Windows 10 ISO without entering the product key
- Step 1: Visit this page of Microsoft and download Media Creation Tool.
- Step 2: Run Media Creation Tool as administrator.
- Step 3: On the home screen, select the second option titled Create installation media for another PC, and then click Next button.
How do I do a clean install of Windows 10 ISO?
To start fresh with a clean copy of Windows 10, use these steps:
- Start your device with the USB bootable media.
- On “Windows Setup,” click Next to begin the process.
- Click the Install Now button.
- If you’re installing Windows 10 for the first time or upgrading an old version, you must enter a genuine product key.
How do I create a Windows recovery USB?
To create one, all you need is a USB drive.
- From the taskbar, search for Create a recovery drive and then select it.
- When the tool opens, make sure Back up system files to the recovery drive is selected and then select Next.
- Connect a USB drive to your PC, select it, and then select Next > Create.
How do I create a system image in Windows 10?
How to create a System Image Backup on Windows 10
- Open Control Panel.
- Click on System and Security.
- Click on Backup and Restore (Windows 7).
- On the left pane, click the Create a system image link.
- Under “Where do you want to save the backup?”
How do I make a bootable USB?
Create a bootable USB with external tools
- Open the program with a double-click.
- Select your USB drive in “Device”
- Select “Create a bootable disk using” and the option “ISO Image”
- Right-click on the CD-ROM symbol and select the ISO file.
- Under “New volume label”, you can enter whatever name you like for your USB drive.
How do I make a Windows 10 install USB?
Just insert a USB flash drive with at least 4GB of storage to your computer, and then use these steps:
- Open the official Download Windows 10 page.
- Under “Create Windows 10 installation media,” click the Download tool now button.
- Click the Save button.
- Click the Open folder button.
How do you do a clean install of Windows 10 without losing files?
Guide to reinstall Windows 10 without data loss
- Step 1: Connect your bootable Windows 10 USB to your PC.
- Step 2: Open up This PC (My Computer), right-click on the USB or DVD drive, click Open in new window option.
- Step 3: Double-click on the Setup.exe file.
Can I reinstall Windows 10 for free?
With the end of the free upgrade offer, the Get Windows 10 app is no longer available, and you cannot upgrade from an older Windows version using Windows Update. The good news is that you can still upgrade to Windows 10 on a device that has a license for Windows 7 or Windows 8.1.
Can you install Windows on a USB?
It’s possible: here’s how to install a portable version of Windows 8 on a USB hard drive that you can take anywhere. (Note that this is different from installing Windows from a USB drive, which allows you to install Windows on a computer that doesn’t have a CD drive.
How do I burn Windows 10 to a USB drive?
After installing it, here is what you need to do:
- Open the tool, click the Browse button and select the Windows 10 ISO file.
- Select the USB drive option.
- Select your USB drive from the dropdown menu.
- Hit the Begin Copying button to kick off the process.
How big of a flash drive do I need to install Windows 10?
Windows 10 Media Creation Tool. You’ll need a USB flash drive (at least 4GB, though a bigger one will let you use it to store other files), anywhere between 6GB to 12GB of free space on your hard drive (depending on the options you pick), and an Internet connection.
Photo in the article by “Wikimedia Commons”