You can then access the shared folder in My Computer the same way you access your C: drive or a USB drive.
To map a network drive, open up My Computer and select Tools, Map Network Drive.
Select an available drive letter and then enter the UNC path to the shared folder or use the Browse button.
How do I map a network drive?
- Open Computer by clicking the Start button and then clicking Computer.
- Click Map Network Drive.
- In the Drive list, click any available drive letter.
- In the Folder box, type the path of the folder or computer, or click Browse to find the folder or computer.
- Click Finish.
How do I connect to a shared drive?
You can then access the shared folder in My Computer the same way you access your C: drive or a USB drive. To map a network drive, open up My Computer and select Tools, Map Network Drive. Select an available drive letter and then enter the UNC path to the shared folder or use the Browse button.
How do I share a drive in Windows 10?
How to share files without HomeGroup on Windows 10
- Open File Explorer (Windows key + E).
- Browse to the folder with files that you want to share.
- Select the one, multiple, or all the files (Ctrl + A).
- Click the Share tab.
- Click the Share button.
- Select the sharing method, including:
How do I connect to a network drive in Windows 10?
Just follow these steps:
- Press Win + E to open a File Explorer window.
- In Windows 10, choose This PC from the left side of the window.
- In Windows 10, click the Computer tab.
- Click the Map Network Drive button.
- Choose a drive letter.
- Click the Browse button.
- Select a network computer or server and then a shared folder.
How do I find the path of a shared folder?
Open File Explorer and go to the Network section. There, click or tap your computer’s name and your shared folders are displayed. To view the properties of a shared folder, select it and then click or tap the Properties button, in the Open section from the Home tab, on the ribbon.
How do I map a network drive using an IP address?
Click the Map network drive drop-down in the ribbon menu at the top, then select “Map network drive.” (This is under the Computer tab, which should open automatically when you go to This PC, as above.) 3. Select the drive letter you want to use for the network folder, then hit Browse.
How do I connect to a server on a drive?
Select a Drive letter and a Folder path.
- For Drive: select a drive not already in use on your computer.
- For Folder: your department or IT support should provide a path to enter in this box.
- To connect automatically at any time, check the Reconnect at logon box.
- Check Connect using different credentials.
- Click Finish.
Photo in the article by “Ybierling”