The first step to inserting pictures or drawings in Word is accessing the Illustrations icon group in the ribbon menu. As shown in Fig 4-1 above, the Illustrations icon group can be accessed by clicking on the INSERT tab just above the icons on the ribbon menu.
How do you add an illustration in Word?
Insert a picture in Word, PowerPoint, or Excel
- Click the location in your document where you want to insert a picture.
- On the Insert tab, click Pictures.
- Select the option you want to use for inserting pictures.
How do you do graphic and illustrations in Word?
Follow these steps:
- Click the mouse in the text where you want the image to appear.
- Click the Insert tab; in the Illustrations group, click the Pictures button. …
- Locate the image file on your PC’s storage system.
- Click to select the image.
- Click the Insert button.
How do you insert an illustration?
To insert a picture from a file:
- Place your insertion point where you want the image to appear.
- Select the Insert tab.
- Click the Picture command in the Illustrations group. The Insert Picture dialog box appears. …
- Select the desired image file, then click Insert to add it to your document. Selecting an image file.
What is the use of inserting illustrations in a Word document?
The Microsoft Illustrations group allows you to insert pictures, shapes, smart art, and charts into your document. These options will enhance the layout and appearance of your documents. Drawing Tools and Picture Tools tabs only appear when a graphic image is selected.
How do I insert a shape in Word 2020?
To add a shape, click Insert, click Shapes, select a shape, and then click and drag to draw the shape. After you add one or more shapes, you can add text, bullets, and numbering to them, and you can change their fill, outline, and other effects on the Format tab.
Can you insert a 3D model in Word?
To insert 3D models in Word, Excel, or PowerPoint for Windows Mobile go to the Insert tab of the ribbon and select 3D Models. The pane will open. Select one, or more, images and click Insert.
What are Microsoft Word features?
10 Supremely Useful Features in Microsoft Word
- Convert a List to a Table.
- Convert a Bulleted List to SmartArt.
- Create a Custom Tab.
- Quick Selection Methods.
- Add Placeholder Text.
- Changing Case.
- Quick Parts.
- Touch/ Mouse Mode in Word 2013.
Can I draw on a Word document?
You can draw freely in Microsoft Word using the “Draw” feature whether you have Word for Mac or Windows. You can also insert customizable shapes into your document, or draw using the “Scribble” feature.
What is the Insert tab in Microsoft Word?
The Insert Tab is used to insert different features such as tables, pictures, clip art, shapes, charts, page numbers, word art, headers, and footers into a document. The table below describes each of the groups and buttons available on this tab.
How do you format the same illustration?
Step 1. To access the formatting menu, right-click on the shape or illustration, and select the option to format it at the very bottom of the menu that appears. Step 2. A formatting menu will then appear on the right side of your screen, giving access to advanced formatting options.
How do I insert a image?
To insert a picture from a file:
- Select the Insert tab, then click the Pictures command in the Images group. Clicking the Pictures command.
- A dialog box will appear. Locate and select the desired image file, then click Insert. …
- The picture will appear on the currently selected slide. The inserted picture.
What are the steps to insert text wrapping?
Configure text wrapping around a picture or drawing object
- Select the picture or object.
- Go to Picture Format or Shape Format and select Arrange > Wrap Text. If the window is wide enough, Word displays Wrap Text directly on the Picture Format tab.
- Choose the wrapping options that you want to apply.
How do I draw in Word 2020?
How to draw in Word
- Click the ‘Shapes’ button and select ‘Scribble’ Open up your Microsoft Word document. …
- Hold down your mouse to draw. Click and hold down your mouse to draw. …
- Release the mouse. As soon as you release your mouse, the drawing will be finished. …
- Edit your drawing. Double-click your drawing.
What is the three types of illustration in Microsoft Word?
Discuss the step on how to insert these types of illustration in your microsoft word document. You can insert images, forms, smart art, and charts into your document using the Microsoft Illustrations group. These options will improve the look and feel of your papers.