To change the account type with the Settings app on Windows 10, use these steps:
- Open Settings.
- Click on Accounts.
- Click on Family & other users.
- Select a user account.
- Click the Change account type button.
- Select the Administrator or Standard User account type depending on your requirements.
- Click the OK button.
How do I change the main account on Windows 10?
1. Change a user account type on Settings
- Use the Windows key + I keyboard shortcut to open the Settings app.
- Click Accounts.
- Click Family & other people.
- Under Other people, select the user account, and click Change account type.
- Under Account type, select Administrator from the drop down menu.
How do I change the administrator name on Windows 10?
Change the name of your Windows computer
- In Windows 10, 8.x, or 7, log into your computer with administrative rights.
- Navigate to the Control Panel.
- Click the System icon.
- In the “System” window that appears, under the “Computer name, domain and workgroup settings” section, on the right, click Change settings.
- You will see the “System Properties” window.
How do I change the email address associated with my Windows 10 account?
If you wish to change your primary Microsoft Account email address associated with your Windows device, you can choose an Alias or create a new one and then make it Primary. Visit your Microsoft account page and sign in. Next, select the ‘Your Info’ tab adjacent to ‘Account’ option.
How do I change my Windows login name?
- Open Control Panel.
- Double-click the Users Accounts icon.
- Select the account you want to change.
- Click Change My Name.
- Enter the new name you want to use and click the Change Name button.
Photo in the article by “Flickr”