This is the easiest way to access Windows 10 boot options.
- All you need to do is hold down the Shift key on your keyboard and restart the PC.
- Open up the Start menu and click on “Power” button to open power options.
- Now press and hold the Shift key and click on “Restart”.
How do I reset my computer to factory settings Windows 10?
How to Reset Your Windows 10 PC
- Navigate to Settings.
- Select “Update & security”
- Click Recovery in the left pane.
- Click Get started under Reset this PC.
- Click either “Keep my files” or “Remove everything,” depending on whether you want to keep your data files intact.
What does Windows 10 Reset do?
Restoring from a restore point won’t affect your personal files. Select Reset this PC to reinstall Windows 10. This will remove apps and drivers you installed and changes you made to settings, but lets you choose to keep or remove your personal files.
How do I reset my HP computer to factory settings Windows 10?
Use one of the following methods to open Windows Recovery Environment:
- Restart your computer and immediately press the F11 key repeatedly. The Choose an option screen opens.
- Click Start . While holding down the Shift key, click Power, then select Restart.
How do I restore PC to factory settings?
To reset your PC
- Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, tap Settings, and then tap Change PC settings.
- Tap or click Update and recovery, and then tap or click Recovery.
- Under Remove everything and reinstall Windows, tap or click Get started.
- Follow the instructions on the screen.
How do I wipe and reinstall Windows 10?
Windows 10 has a built-in method for wiping your PC and restoring it to an ‘as new’ state. You can choose to preserve just your personal files or to erase everything, depending on what you need. Go to Start > Settings > Update & security > Recovery, click Get started and select the appropriate option.
How long does a factory reset take Windows 10?
The Just Remove My Files option will take somewhere in the neighborhood of two hours, while the Fully Clean The Drive option can take as long as four hours. Of course, your mileage may vary.
Is it safe to reset Windows 10?
Select the Start button, then press and hold down the Shift key while you select the Power icon > Restart to restart your computer into Recovery Mode. You can also use installation media to reset your PC. See Recovery options in Windows 10 for detailed steps.
What files does Windows 10 reset keep?
Go to the Update & Security group of settings. Select the Recovery tab and click ‘Get Started’ under the ‘Reset this PC section. You have two options for resetting Windows 10; Keep my files, and Remove everything. The ‘Remove everything’ option is pretty obvious.
Will reset this PC remove Windows 10?
Reset this PC in Windows 10. To get started, go to Settings > Update & Security > Recovery. Then click the Get started button under the Reset this PC section. You can just remove your personal files, which is faster, but less secure.
How do you wipe a computer clean to sell it?
Reset your Windows 8.1 PC
- Open PC Settings.
- Click on Update and recovery.
- Click on Recovery.
- Under “Remove everything and reinstall Windows 10,” click the Get started button.
- Click the Next button.
- Click the Fully clean the drive option to erase everything on your device and start fresh with a copy of Windows 8.1.
How do I reset my HP laptop to factory settings Windows 10 without password?
How to Reset HP Laptop to Factory Settings without Password
- Step 1: Disconnect all connected devices and cables.
- Step 2: Turn on or restart the HP laptop and repeatedly press the F11 key until the Choose an option screen is displayed.
- Step 3: On the Choose an option screen, click Troubleshoot.
How do I factory reset my laptop Windows 10 without password?
How to Factory Reset Windows 10 Laptop without Password
- Go to Start menu, click on “Settings”, select “Update & Security”.
- Click on “Recovery” tab, and then click on “Get start” button under Reset this PC.
- Select “Keep my files” or “Remove everything”.
- Click on “Next” to reset this PC.
How do I do a factory reset?
Factory reset Android in Recovery Mode
- Turn your phone off.
- Hold the Volume down button, and while doing so, also hold the Power button until the phone turns on.
- You’ll see the word Start, then you should press Volume down until Recovery mode is highlighted.
- Now press the Power button to start recovery mode.
How do I change the boot drive in Windows 10?
1. Navigate to settings.
- Navigate to settings. You can get there by clicking the gear icon on the Start menu.
- Select Update & security.
- Select Recovery from the left menu.
- Click Restart Now under Advanced startup.
- Click Troubleshoot.
- Click Advanced options.
- Select UEFI Firmware Settings.
- Click Restart.
How do I do a system restore?
Create restore point
- Boot your computer.
- Login in as an Administrator or with any user account that has administrative rights.
- Click Start > All Programs > Accessories > System Tools.
- Click on System Restore.
- Wait for the software to open.
- Click on Create a restore point.
- Click Next.
How do you do clean install of Windows 10?
To start fresh with a clean copy of Windows 10, use these steps:
- Start your device with the USB bootable media.
- On “Windows Setup,” click Next to begin the process.
- Click the Install Now button.
- If you’re installing Windows 10 for the first time or upgrading an old version, you must enter a genuine product key.
Will reinstalling Windows 10 delete everything?
This is the easiest way to remove your stuff from a PC before getting rid of it. Resetting this PC will delete all your installed programs. You can choose whether you want to keep your personal files or not. On Windows 10, this option is available in the Settings app under Update & security > Recovery.
Can I reinstall Windows 10 for free?
With the end of the free upgrade offer, the Get Windows 10 app is no longer available, and you cannot upgrade from an older Windows version using Windows Update. The good news is that you can still upgrade to Windows 10 on a device that has a license for Windows 7 or Windows 8.1.
Can I stop resetting Windows 10?
Press Windows + R > shut down or sign out > keep SHIFT key pressed > Click “Restart”. This will restart your computer or PC into recovery mode. 2. Then find and click “Troubleshoot” > “Enter Advanced Options” > click “Startup Repair”.
Does factory reset delete everything laptop?
Simply restoring the operating system to factory settings does not delete all data and neither does formatting the hard drive before reinstalling the OS. To really wipe a drive clean, users will need to run secure-erase software. Linux users can try the Shred command, which overwrites files in a similar fashion.
Does resetting Windows 10 remove malware?
Factory resetting Windows 10 will reinstall Windows 10, change the PC settings to their defaults, and remove all your files. If you want to reset Windows 10 quickly, you can choose Just remove my files.
Will resetting PC remove viruses?
Viruses That Escape Resets. Factory resets don’t remove infected files stored on backups: viruses can return to the computer when you restore your old data. The backup storage device should be fully scanned for virus and malware infections before any data is moved back from the drive to the computer.
Is Windows 10 reset same as clean install?
The Remove everything option of PC resetting is like a regular clean install and your hard drive is erased and a fresh copy of Windows is installed. But by contrast, a system reset is faster and more convenient. And a clean install must require an installation disc or USB drive.
What happens if I reset my computer to factory settings?
It’s also smart to reset the PC before giving it to a new user or selling it. The resetting process removes the applications and files installed on the system, then reinstalls Windows and any applications that were originally installed by your PC’s manufacturer, including trial programs and utilities.
Photo in the article by “International SAP & Web Consulting”