To reset the tools, underneath the top line menu and the word “File,” right click on the tool icon [rectangular marquee tool shown]. Select “Reset All Tools.” This is advisable in the IMC where students may change Photoshop default settings.
How do I change the rectangular marquee tool in Photoshop?
You can also use the keyboard command M to switch to the marquee tool. Use Shift-M to switch between the rectangular and elliptical versions.
How do I reset the quick selection tool in Photoshop?
Resetting Tools —Right -click (or Control -click on Mac) the tool icon in the Options bar (officially called the Tool Preset Picker) and choose between Reset Tool and Reset All Tools to reset the tool options (found in the Options bar) to their default state.
How do I reset type tool?
To return tools to their default settings, right-click (Windows) or Control-click (Mac OS) the tool icon in the options bar, and then choose Reset Tool or Reset All Tools from the context menu.
What is the shortcut key of rectangular marquee tool?
Keys for selecting tools
|Cycle through tools that have the same keyboard shortcut||Shift-press keyboard shortcut (preference setting, Use Shift Key for Tool Switch, must be enabled)|
|Rectangular Marquee tool Elliptical Marquee tool||M|
What is rectangular tool?
The Rectangle tool allows you to draw rectangular shapes (vector and pixel-based) and paths (shape outlines). … Draw from the center out: Position the crosshairs where you want the center of the shape or the path to be, hold down Alt (Windows) or Option (macOS), and then drag diagonally to any corner.
How do I reset Photoshop CC?
Using a keyboard shortcut
- Quit Photoshop.
- Hold down the following keyboard shortcut and launch Photoshop: macOS: command + option + shift. …
- Open Photoshop.
- Click Yes in the dialog that asks “Delete the Adobe Photoshop Settings file?” New preferences files will be created in their original location.
How do I reset tools in Photoshop CC?
The improved Reset All Tools command was first added in Photoshop CC 2014.
How To Reset The Photoshop Toolbar And Tool Settings
- Step 1: Select A Default Tool. …
- Step 2: Choose “Reset All Tools” In The Options Bar. …
- Step 3: Click OK.
Why is my lasso tool not working?
Try turning off Use Graphics Processor” in Preferences performance and restart. If that works , turn it back on and try each of the drawing modes in “Advanced” . If working with the GPU off resolves your issue and you are on Windows , then check the GPU driver from the GPU manufatcturers site.
How do I reset Adobe settings?
Restore all preferences and default settings
- (Windows) Start InCopy, and then press Shift+Ctrl+Alt. Click Yes when asked if you want to delete the preference files.
- (Mac OS) While pressing Shift+Option+Command+Control, start InCopy. Click Yes when asked if you want to delete the preference files.
What are the best settings for Photoshop?
Here are some of the most effective settings to boost performance.
- Optimize History and Cache. …
- Optimize GPU Settings. …
- Use A Scratch Disk. …
- Optimize Memory Usage. …
- Use 64-bit Architecture. …
- Disable Thumbnail Display. …
- Disable Font Preview. …
- Disable Animated Zoom and Flick Panning.
How do you reset text settings in Photoshop?
To reset text formatting to default press Ctrl Shift Y (Mac: Command Shift Y). This keyboard shortcut resets: Faux Bold, Faux Italic, All Caps, Small Caps, Superscript, Subscript, Underline, and Strikethrough.